AP Source: Trump aide in frequent contact with Russia envoy (1 Viewer)

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A senior U.S. official says the Obama administration is aware of frequent contacts between President-elect Donald Trump's top national security adviser and Russia's ambassador to the United States.

The official says the contacts happened on the day President Barack Obama expelled dozens of Russian officials from the U.S. and imposed sanctions as punishment for election-related hacking. The official says the administration is also aware of contacts between Trump adviser Michael Flynn and Ambassador Sergey Kislyak at other times as well.

The day after Obama announced sanctions, Russian President Vladimir Putin said he would not retaliate. Trump praised him for his restraint.
AP Source: Trump aide in frequent contact with Russia envoy

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
The contact is unsurprising, but what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall listening to those conversations!

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
while i would understand the aide for PEOTUS to contact Russian Ambassador on day 35 Russian politicos were expelled from US, there is just entirely too much coziness surrounding Trump and Co and the Russians.

There is something more to all of this than we currently know about.

This is gonna plague his Presidency for the next few years or until something is discovered and proven.

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Is such a diplomatic move like Obama made expelling Russian diplomats so close to a change in power unprecedented (unpresidented)?
Similarly on the issue of the change in the one-dry-foot policy on Cubans.

I just don't remember Presidents making moves that big roughly one month or less from leaving power. Seems like it sort of forces the hand of incoming guys and hurts the ability to transition.
But maybe it isn't all that uncommon.

J-Donk

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Is such a diplomatic move like Obama made expelling Russian diplomats so close to a change in power unprecedented (unpresidented)?

I just don't remember Presidents making moves that big roughly one month or less from leaving power. Seems like it sort of forces the hand of incoming guys and hurts the ability to transition.
Kicking out 35 diplomats don't fit my criteria for big move.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score

Let me know when you have Intel that Russia was complicit in obtaining info and leaking it 2 months prior to any previous election.

Presidents don't go around expelling diplomats because "their team lost".

But if that's how you need to view this to obfuscate the real valid reason, don't let me stop you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score

This strikes me as an odd thing to think about in response to the information in the article. Do you have an opinion on the actual subject matter of the thread?

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Expelling "diplomats" in response to espionage charges is fairly standard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom