AP story: 3rd-graders aimed to hurt teacher (1 Viewer)

primadox

Hurricane Bear Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Houston TX, via Parsippany, NJ and New Orleans
Cops: 3rd-graders aimed to hurt teacher
WAYCROSS, Ga. - A group of third-graders plotted to attack their teacher, bringing a broken steak knife, handcuffs, duct tape and other items for the job and assigning children tasks including covering the windows and cleaning up afterward, police said Tuesday.

The plot by as many as nine boys and girls at Center Elementary School in south Georgia was a serious threat, Waycross Police Chief Tony Tanner said.
complete story: Cops: 3rd-graders aimed to hurt teacher - Yahoo! News

Reuters story: Nine-year-olds in U.S. plotted to tie up and hurt teacher - Yahoo! News

Where are kids this young getting these ideas???? :sad:

Where are kids this young getting these ideas???? :sad:

The popular things to blame include rap, heavy metal and video games, amongst others. Maybe Bugs Bunny? :shrug:

This would never happen to a fourth grade teacher.

Steps would have been taken before hand to prevent some wolfpack-like attack.

First rule of teaching: On the first day, find the biggest kid in class and smack him or her around. They'll respect you after that. :sasmokin:

I wonder how much "reality" tv has to do with it. Nothing but backstabbing violence (in teams) on those shows. The parents have probably instilled a few of those ideas too whether they know it or not.

i dunno....maybe she wasn't putting out :shrug:

I wonder how much "reality" tv has to do with it. Nothing but backstabbing violence (in teams) on those shows. The parents have probably instilled a few of those ideas too whether they know it or not.

So true. In my house we don't watch reality TV. It's terrible.

I'm Sub. Teaching until i graduate and i usually get 5th or 6th grade kids and i just couldn't imagine kids younger than that doing something like this... i guess i don't Sub. in ATL. more like Gulfport, Biloxi, Ocean Springs- not necessarily bad neighborhoods, but seriously these kids all seem so young and innocent and willing to learn, i think some of these teachers go to far with these kids and force them to violence....

"Nine children have been given discipline up to and including long-term suspension."

Does anyone else feel like this should be grounds for expulsion? I almost got expelled for putting Vodka & OJ in my Dukes of Hazards thermos in 7th grade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom