Apparently Rondo has never stayed in a Motel 6! (2 Viewers)

Well, at least it’s better than the Siesta Motel by Archbishop Shaw.

One thing to ponder about it though is these are finely tuned and TALL athletes who probably have the best and biggest beds to sleep in. Those motel 6 beds are probably horrible for them if they want to play their best at all times. It's minor, but it probably is a thing.

Have some of y'all seriously never complained (and what Rondo did was a pretty quiet complaint) about a hotel room before? It's not a big deal.

I think professional athletes should be allowed to talk about whatever they want, but I at least understand why people get worked up if they talk about something political. Now they can't even make throwaway comments about motel rooms? Sheesh.

And it's not like he has to just suck it up for a night or two, like most people who have to crash at an undesirable motel. This is the guy's home for the next several months (depending on how they do in the playoffs). I don't blame him for wishing it was a bit better.

And no matter how much money he has, he can't exactly keep quiet and just get a better room. The NBA has everyone in a "bubble", so you have to take what you get.

One thing to ponder about it though is these are finely tuned and TALL athletes who probably have the best and biggest beds to sleep in. Those motel 6 beds are probably horrible for them if they want to play their best at all times. It's minor, but it probably is a thing.

Quality of sleep is not a minor thing in any situation, much less when it comes to athletic performance.

Have some of y'all seriously never complained (and what Rondo did was a pretty quiet complaint) about a hotel room before? It's not a big deal.
Had an ex-gf who, once she got in a hotel room, would take the top cover and then blanket off of the bed thrown them in a corner then wash her hands
She liked hotel rooms but HATED those things

Welp.

I've complained about much better hotels than Motel 6. Us privileged software workers need to quit our whining. There's a lot of people in America that would kill for my $100 a day per diem on the road!

In fairness, most of my complaining about accommodations and food was when I was going to OKC every week. Anyone that has tried to find a decent meal and hotel there probably agrees with me (which would make them equally whiney I guess).

So, not to spoil all of the outrage, but allegedly, the top seeds were supposed to stay at the nicer hotels. Out of the Disney resorts, they're staying at, the Coronado is the 'lowest' in quality, since it is a 'mid level' Disney resort. The other angle view, of a typical king bedroom room. Also, I think they said they'd all be in the new tower, which looks a bit different. I've been to the Coronado, but not the new tower.

And these guys are all rich, of COURSE they'll complain. Just like our guys complained about the wall paper in West Virginia.

standard king.

1594655758030.png

This was the image in one of the articles talking about this a month ago. https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/6/16/21293622/disney-hotels-nba-players-florida

1594656212194.png

The lakers are a top seed, right? They should be in the Grand Floridian or Yacht Club..

Grand Floridan basic rooms..

1594655973148.png

1594655990122.png

Yacht club He might complain about this one too.

1594656077279.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom