Apple injury-edit: reports of hypertextension. Mom says he’s okay (1 Viewer)

hyperextended knee is what they're saying on WWL

Man. Saintsreport has managed to give me great joy for the W today, take it away with concern about Eli’s injury, bring fury to me against Chicago for how they handled the end of the game, to joy and relief again all in a timespan of 45 minutes.

I can’t take this much longer guys

On the replay I saw his knee bent inward, like a hyper extension. But his reaction made me think otherwise.

We have a bye coming up. I say sit him against the Cardinals then our Bye. Our team has bigger goals in mind. It would mean Crawley would play. Hopefully he could give us ONE good game.

@profootballdoc front PFF has a thread stating he hopes Apple’s foot slipped out before a tear could occur. And that there should not enough video to try and diagnose. ... then there are 2 replies to that tweet stating that they have sources saying the Saints believe its a hyperextended knee. FWIW....

We're speculating, but if there are reports coming out of the Saints Locker-room that he's walking around without a brace with just a slight limp, and hanging with his Mom I think we can safely assume it's not the worst case scenario and won't be season ending.

Usually if it's feared to be something serious, they block off any media contact with the player and if there's no MRI machine in the stadium they transport that player to the nearest local hospital for testing immediately.

Hopefully the early positive news is that it is just a hyper-extension with no serious ligament damage.

@profootballdoc front PFF has a thread stating he hopes Apple’s foot slipped out before a tear could occur. And that there should not enough video to try and diagnose. ... then there are 2 replies to that tweet stating that they have sources saying the Saints believe its a hyperextended knee. FWIW....
I was one of the 2 replies to that tweet. Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom