Appreciation for Deuce (your thoughts) (1 Viewer)

Some of my favorite memories of Deuce was against Philly at home in the Playoffs. His performance that night was incredible. He put the team on his back that night and said, "I got this."

My avatar is my favorite of many favorite memories of deuce. As a grown man I literally shed tears when he was sitting the bench in 07 and SP wouldn't put him in. Love the guy, love the way he played, his passion for the game, and his grace and humility. Will always be my favorite saint and we are blessed if we ever get another lime him in the black and gold.

My avatar is my favorite of many favorite memories of deuce. As a grown man I literally shed tears when he was sitting the bench in 07 and SP wouldn't put him in. Love the guy, love the way he played, his passion for the game, and his grace and humility. Will always be my favorite saint and we are blessed if we ever get another lime him in the black and gold.

Mine has never changed.

Another was the 50+ yard td run he had against the dirty birds his rookie year.

My favorite Saint of all. The only person who has come close to Deuce on my favorite list is Brees. Deuce is 1a and Drew is 1b.

My most memorable moment of Deuce is also the Eagles playoff game. He was not going to be denied that touchdown.

Deuce has always played with so much passion but most importantly, he played with heart. I still have have his jersey. I have worn it out from wearing it so much, but regardless of how worn out it is, I will never get rid of it.

DEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE neighbors used to say they could hear me and my brother during Saints games on sunday.. hollerin' DEUUUCE up and down the street. And that performance during the Eagles playoff game is simply amazing !!!

I went to my first Saints game in 2002. Growing up just outside of BR, I always watched the Saints with family; but never considered myself a true fan. That is until my first experience in the Dome. I was barely 13 years old, and had just started to show an interest in becoming a true fan of the game. I knew all of the rules. I knew all of the teams. But I never really felt aligned with any team. At that time, my mother was dating a Steelers fan. She had the opportunity to get us tickets to the Saints vs. Steelers, so I jumped at the opportunity to attend an NFL game. I went with him as a "neutral" fan; he, of course, flaunted his Steel City pride. I remember the fans being incredibly nice. One, nearby, had the same name as me. I remember the beer man was making fun on the other beer guys. As the game started, I got my first experience with the pandemonium that takes place in our football cathedral. We ran the ball a lot that game. We ran the ball a lot every game; but what you don't hear on tv, is every time 26 touched the ball, the crowd roared. "DEUUUUCE!." The first time I heard that, I became a Saints fan. The Saints went on to win the game, and the rest is history. 26 will always be my favorite Saint, just because of this experience.

Watching deuce highlights help me remember that he also had a little something extra against the falcons.

The run against the Falcons where he bulldozed everyone and lept into the endzone was amazing.

Of course our garbage defense let Vick come back with like a minute left to win the game.

deuce was built for SP's offense. just wish his knees were :( athletic, strong, great field vision, difficult to tackle, and excellent hands.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom