Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas (1 Viewer)

emstokes

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
He decided to forgo his senior season and enter the draft.

I like him but he will not be best defensive player avaliable at #10, but will be gone by the second round.
Unless we traded down in the first, then we would be reaching to take him so early.

I would prefer we got Leodis McKelvin in the 2nd if he falls, or if he doesn't and we go LB there, we got Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in the 3rd.

He went to a small school, was absolutely dominant in their secondary, 6'2, 4.4 forty (but claims a 4.31), very productive for Tenn. St, is a high jump champion, and is Antonio Cromartie's cousin.

He is a big sleeper who may even fall to the forth.

He is only playing D-II because he went to 4 different high schools, so was not recruited by many.
This is a good interview with him, he seems like a good guy (a payton player as some put it)
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/interviews/dominiquerodgerscromartie/dominiquerodgerscromartie.html

I like him but he will not be best defensive player avaliable at #10, but will be gone by the second round.
Unless we traded down in the first, then we would be reaching to take him so early.

I would prefer we got Leodis McKelvin in the 2nd if he falls, or if he doesn't and we go LB there, we got Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in the 3rd.

He went to a small school, was absolutely dominant in their secondary, 6'2, 4.4 forty (but claims a 4.31), very productive for Tenn. St, is a high jump champion, and is Antonio Cromartie's cousin.

He is a big sleeper who may even fall to the forth.

He is only playing D-II because he went to 4 different high schools, so was not recruited by many.
This is a good interview with him, he seems like a good guy (a payton player as some put it)
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/interviews/dominiquerodgerscromartie/dominiquerodgerscromartie.html

Wonder if they could fit his full last name on a jersey? Jones-Drew is one thing, this is way longer. :ezbill:

Sounds like the kid is talented though.

Take it for what it's worth but Aqib Talib is rated as the best junior CB by Mel Kiper ahead of Malcolm Jenkins. I know his style of play suits us better than Jenkins but he has been off my radar until now.

Does anyone know how to pronounce his name?

ah-kib? ah-kwib? ay-kib? And would the last name be tal-ib, or tal-eeb?

I believe it's Ah-Kib Tal-ib, though the last name I'm basing on Talib Kweli.

As for drafting him, like someone said he's not good enough for 10th overall but I've advocated trading our 2009 1st to get a second pick in the 1st this year. If any valuable players who can help us out fall to the 20-25 range (Talib, Connor, etc) I'd do it, no matter who our first pick is.

Does anyone know how to pronounce his name?

ah-kib? ah-kwib? ay-kib? And would the last name be tal-ib, or tal-eeb?
a-Keeb ta-Leeb

I believe he should be higher up on our draft board than Jenkins because he is better in man to man coverage, and is a great Kick Returner.
I still think that he will not be best defensive player avaliable at no. 10, and that he will not be there by no.41. I doubt he's a Saint, unless his stock rises or falls signifigantly for one reason or another.

This is all according to his brother.

“Aqib is going to go this year,” Yaqub Talib said. “I just think, getting through this season healthy, and just having that big game (in the Orange Bowl), that was a big factor. It was hard to come back when you have a game like that and you boost up your stock a little bit. I just think he felt like he accomplished a lot this year and thought it was time to look at going for that next goal.”

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/433532.html

i wouldnt mind trading back and getting him and conner with cowgirls first round picks, and another lb or dt in the 2nd

Take it for what it's worth but Aqib Talib is rated as the best junior CB by Mel Kiper ahead of Malcolm Jenkins. I know his style of play suits us better than Jenkins but he has been off my radar until now.

I have watched both play and Talib appears to be the better player and has the better CB skills. only my opinion but for once I have to agree with Kiper about Talib being rated over Jenkins.

Jenkins may have better physical skills but that doesn't make him a better CB.

I believe it's Ah-Kib Tal-ib, though the last name I'm basing on Talib Kweli.

As for drafting him, like someone said he's not good enough for 10th overall but I've advocated trading our 2009 1st to get a second pick in the 1st this year. If any valuable players who can help us out fall to the 20-25 range (Talib, Connor, etc) I'd do it, no matter who our first pick is.

NJ,

I agree with trading back up too, if a high value player is there.

With all due respect to those guys, I don't see how he is not equal if not better. He was the guy in the secondary cutting off half the field. He plays man coverage just as good as anyone else in the draft. He makes plays on the football. Thats all I want in a CB. Combine is gonna determine most of thier draft positions. But from what they did on the field I don't see how he isn't up thier with those guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom