Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas (1 Viewer)

With all due respect to those guys, I don't see how he is not equal if not better. He was the guy in the secondary cutting off half the field. He plays man coverage just as good as anyone else in the draft. He makes plays on the football. Thats all I want in a CB. Combine is gonna determine most of thier draft positions. But from what they did on the field I don't see how he isn't up thier with those guys.
Ask Jordy Nelson about him..

Just a cheap shot, I actually watched him whenever I could and like him. Just not at 10.

Malcolm is the only corner worthy of a top 10 pick.

Last edited:
He is no second rounder. A late first, but certainly not a top 10 pick.

If you are looking for a defensive player at #10 (ANd we hope that the Saints are) that warants the pick you are looking at the following:

-Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State
-Kenny Phillips- S Miami
-Glenn Dorsey DT LSU
-Chris Long DE Virginia
-Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
-James Lauranitas LB Ohio State

From this group, It is likely that only Jenkins and Phillips will be there at 10 - whicch fits to what the Saints need most- DEFENSIVE BACKS

Take it for what it's worth but Aqib Talib is rated as the best junior CB by Mel Kiper ahead of Malcolm Jenkins. I know his style of play suits us better than Jenkins but he has been off my radar until now.

Speaking of Mel Kiper, did anyone else notice how Todd McShay is trying to take over as the ESPN draft guru. Good for him. IMO Kiper has been slipping over the years. McShay already has 2 mock drafts also.

As for Talib vs Jenkins, I have no idea. I didn't follow either of them at all this season but I gues we will all see tonight

Yes, yes, yes. I want him. But he appears to be a mid to low 1st rounder (subject to the combine) and certainly not a top 10 pick. He is the one player I'd be in favor of trading next years 1st for if he falls in the first.

He might be the best bump and run man corner in the draft IMHO. But not at #10.
GO SAINTS.......

If he runs anything under 4.4 he'll be worth a #10 pick... but here's the thing that kills me about some draftniks... they'd take Malcolm Jenkins (a known zone guy) and Mike Jenkins (who is projected as a safety) over Talib who may be the best man-to-man CB in the draft... and his skillset matches what we do on defense.

If he's there at 10... and he's the highest guy on your draft board... you take him.

I'll bet Dallas isn't upset that they took T-New that early.... same with Trufant and Champ... if you want the guy and feel he can help you draft him.

it's not about giving up the TD... It's about letting an average wr run by you when you're step for step with the guy. That was just sad at any level.

I have a friend who follows Kansas and has told me a little about him, he said he's a confident, aggressive corner that likes to get up on the line and play physical and is a great man to man cover but can be beat sometimes because he takes chances and lacks outstanding speed, I'm thinking depending on his combine he could go late 1st round maybe 2nd round, overall I like him, I think he's worth a look if still there in the second, we need guys man to man guys that can make plays on the ball, as far as speed goes sometimes those 40 times are a little overrated coming out of college anyway IMO..

Another CB that I think is similar to Aquib and would be a good pick for the Saints and may be around in the 2nd or 3rd round is Simeon Castille, I hope he's around then and we take a hard look at him...

Freddy Deeb is faster than Aqib Talib.

:hihi:

He has great ball skills, though.

After watching Jenkins... I have to say that I like both Talib and Cason better than Jenkins

Another CB that I think is similar to Aquib and would be a good pick for the Saints and may be around in the 2nd or 3rd round is Simeon Castille, I hope he's around then and we take a hard look at him...

Man I hate to say it but Simeon doesn't have the speed to play corner. If he does play corner it will be in the slot. His best move would be to FS and he will have to add a little weight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom