Aquaman (1 Viewer)

If it's not as good as WonderWoman, which was very good for 3/4s of a movie until the boss battle, then they just need to shut this universe down.

If it's not as good as WonderWoman, which was very good for 3/4s of a movie until the boss battle, then they just need to shut this universe down.

I will say that the weakness of Wonder Woman was a strength of Aquaman. Orm and especially Black Manta were pretty good villains. There just wasn’t enough of them, but it’s to be expected since this was the origin movie.

They don't need to shut it down. Just make better movies. And, stop just throwing shirt against the wall to see what sticks.

Most of the actors have already parted ways. There's hope with adding James Gunn, but they should use him for a reboot instead of wasting him to piss on this dumpster fire.

I love what DC did with this movie and releasing it overseas before releasing it here. They knew without the snark of US critics that the movie would perform well overseas and pull in some pretty good numbers at the box office.

I love what DC did with this movie and releasing it overseas before releasing it here. They knew without the snark of US critics that the movie would perform well overseas and pull in some pretty good numbers at the box office.

Agreed. Wonder Woman and Justice League were pretty solid movies. They are both entertaining and rewatchable. That's the mark of a good comic book movie for me. Suicide Squad and one of the Iron Man movies (I forget which one) would be an examples of movies on the other side of the spectrum. Critics just FEEL like they are supposed to bash movies in the DCEU universe at this point.

Like you said, I think going overseas first was a smart move on their part. Can't wait to see it.

Saw it last night and we enjoyed most of it. I’ll leave it at that until the spoiler alerts are in effect.

I’ll watch it. I kind of liked Suicide Squad also. Except Leto’s Joker....he sucked.

I’ll watch it. I kind of liked Suicide Squad also. Except Leto’s Joker....he sucked.

I felt like Suicide Squad left a lot to be desired, but wasn’t terrible. There were some good actors in that movie; however, the only person that owned their role was Margot Robbie as HQ. I just think it looked like someone took a bunch of actors, gave them a loose script, and said, “go do something with this”. :shrug:

I'll agree with most of the reviews on this movie. Was silly at times but it didn't try to take itself too seriously. Everybody I was with enjoyed it, with me and my 11 and 6 yo nephews enjoying it the most on the strength of Mera's boobs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom