Aquariums Hobby Thread (1 Viewer)

I've been wanting to get an aquarium for a while now. Had roommates for a couple years, they are finally gone, my girlfriend just moved in and we are getting the house re-situated with new furniture and all that good stuff. Once it gets settled down I really hope I can get one, something that I've been interested in for years now.

i have a smaller tank, about 20 gallons, went to the are lakes found rocks that had good coloring, put them in one of those rock tumbler\polisher things that had 4 stages that laster a week wit various grit of polishing powders and used those in the tank with African Chichlids.

turned out well bit took several months to do all the rocks

Nice thread! I have a 29-gallon Diana Walstad-style freshwater planted tank, au Naturale, which means it's heavily planted with NO filtration, NO water changes, soil substrate, only tech is a small heater and powerhead. Inhabited by a small school of Black Phantom Tetra, one Anostomus, too many snails to count, and a sick number of plants.

Also a 120-gallon reef tank, that's brand new. Three small damsels, no corals yet (so I guess it's a FOWLR for now), waiting on my nitrates to come down and need a little more light for coral. I guess I'll have to post some pictures soon, for now I'll enjoy everyone else's :9:

(I'm assuming we're not the only two who enjoy aquaria enough to post pictures...)

Last edited:
I actually got a PM from someone yesterday asking me to go to Ross stores looking for something GI Joe that was supposed to be exclusive to Target but Target cancelled the order and now they're at Ross. I kid you not.

Where is your Marilyn sig?

My cousin developed a way to grow coral without having to cultivate it from the reefs. He's in Bakersfiled, CA. I'm trying to find the name of his company.

Coral grows in a normal home aquarium when it's healthy. It's not revolutionary. In fact a lot of hobbyists trade "frags" of pieces from their tank.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom