Aranda to Baylor (1 Viewer)

Unless its family, everybody is replaceable.

Losing coaches like Aranda and Brady is whats expected when you just dominated the season and won a championship.

CEO has tons of connections throughout the College football scene AND the NFL.

I'm surprised Aranda stayed this long,

He will be replaced.
It is mid January and he was a top 3 defensive coordinator in college. Odds of us finding someone that is as good at this time are very small. The one positive is LSU is big enough to pull from most schools even if it's a lateral move.

Also makes recruiting more difficult for right now when we have 6 scholarships left to fill and holes at LB. It could also be the deciding factor if a guy like Chaisson stays.

sheet. Next man up.

For those in the know........

Any people on your wish lists to replace him?

I’m not “in the know” but have a Clemson friend who’s talked well of DL coach Todd Bates. Just throwing the name out there.

Maybe bring Muschamp back? DC at LSU is lateral to HC at S Carolina right?

Crazy cause of Baylor we lost two coaches. Ruhle going to Carolina hires Brady for O.C. Aranda goes and promptly fills Baylor job. Baylor has come a long way. Congrats to you Baylor fans.
Now we hate Baylor, right? I just want to be prepared for next season.

I hope Coach O expected this and already had a "short list" of possible replacements. I mean, this happens to all of them, right? How many does Satan lose every year?

It is mid January and he was a top 3 defensive coordinator in college. Odds of us finding someone that is as good at this time are very small. The one positive is LSU is big enough to pull from most schools even if it's a lateral move.

Also makes recruiting more difficult for right now when we have 6 scholarships left to fill and holes at LB. It could also be the deciding factor if a guy like Chaisson stays.
I wonder if Bill Busch is a candidate for DC? I don't think that Kevin Could is around anymore. TBH, I would make a legit offer to Mike Elko and give TAMU a taste of their own medicine.

Last edited:
My daughter goes to Baylor so I'm a quasi fan but Aranda will be a good hire for them to continue their success under Rhule.

As far as LSU, I think they have some options for DC but honestly I expect them to hire someone that is young and hungry. It probably won't be a splash type of hiring.

Dam. I guess now Essminger retires and LSU will have to find a whole new OC and DC. As well as other coaching spots. What next? The WR coach leaves for a OC job somewhere else

It was nice winning one championship.

Kind of kidding. Congrats to Aranda. He deserved it. I just hate that when we finally win one, EVERYONE leaves.

It was nice winning one championship.

Kind of kidding. Congrats to Aranda. He deserved it. I just hate that when we finally win one, EVERYONE leaves.
Yeah, kind of a messed up thing, huh? When you've got good coaches, but don't win, there's not much interest in grabbing them. Win a NC and all of a sudden, every team in the known universe comes calling.

Dam. I guess now Essminger retires and LSU will have to find a whole new OC and DC. As well as other coaching spots. What next? The WR coach leaves for a OC job somewhere else
I think he's got another year on his contract.

I got a text that Kris Richard is interviewing for the DC position.

Also, Mickey Joseph turned down a position and promotion with his alma mater Nebraska. Maybe LSU gave him a nice raise to stay.

I got a text that Kris Richard is interviewing for the DC position.

Also, Mickey Joseph turned down a position and promotion with his alma mater Nebraska. Maybe LSU gave him a nice raise to stay.

I was wondering about that...en ex NFL coordinator can come to a program like LSU and almost "rebuild" his career somewhat. You inherit a stacked roster, with the ability to continually stack the roster thru recruiting, conversely help attract recruits due to your previous NFL experiences...

I mean its kind of a really sweet deal.

Which is why i was thinking Wade Phillips lol.

But Richard would do well also. Came from Seattle - has skins w / Legion of Boom. Coming to DBU.

sure would be interesting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom