Archie’s debut 50 years ago today (1 Viewer)

Tpstr

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Don’t feel so old. I was actually AT the game. When Archie scores (of course he did. But glad there was no replay) to win the game we figured we had our savior. Archie kinda was our savior but not enough Angels around him over the years

Yup, I was there also. Opposite end zone from Archie’s game winning TD. Obviously, no replays then, so you kinda had to rely on the reaction of the fans in the other end zone to know immediately what happened. Same with the Dempsey kick into that end zone.

Yup, I was there also. Opposite end zone from Archie’s game winning TD. Obviously, no replays then, so you kinda had to rely on the reaction of the fans in the other end zone to know immediately what happened. Same with the Dempsey kick into that end zone.
We might have been sitting next to each other. Do you remember the Ram fan getting beaned in the head with a balled paper cup. Everyone who saw it cheered. That was me. The guy laughed it off and I waved at him when he turned around.

We might have been sitting next to each other. Do you remember the Ram fan getting beaned in the head with a balled paper cup. Everyone who saw it cheered. That was me. The guy laughed it off and I waved at him when he turned around.
Haha no I don’t remember that. I was only 10 then so the recall isn’t perfect.

If you never went to a Saints game in Tulane stadium you missed out on a great experience. When people in the end zone and upper deck stomped their feet the whole stadium bounce, it was crazy. When Jim Taylor was introduced you could hear it in Mid City.

If you never went to a Saints game in Tulane stadium you missed out on a great experience. When people in the end zone and upper deck stomped their feet the whole stadium bounce, it was crazy. When Jim Taylor was introduced you could hear it in Mid City.
The only thing I remember about Tulane Stadium is the ramps seemed to be forever going up and down on my 4/5 year old legs. 😜

Don’t feel so old. I was actually AT the game. When Archie scores (of course he did. But glad there was no replay) to win the game we figured we had our savior. Archie kinda was our savior but not enough Angels around him over the years
Was there too but in the opposite end zone of the score.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom