Archie Manning (1 Viewer)

whodatlady

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I’ve been collecting autos on this helmet of Saints players I watched growing up. Archie Manning is my all time favorite Saint. He doesn’t seem to do any public or private signings. If anyone has any connections or contacts that could help me get this signed it would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me. I’d happily pay for his autograph or donate to his charity. I’ve been saving the sweet spot for him and the helmet will never be complete if I don’t get him on it. Thanks!

Attachments

• DFF8B314-497D-4E35-BE32-E4994B4D2831.jpeg
    DFF8B314-497D-4E35-BE32-E4994B4D2831.jpeg
    442.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 7592A23C-81E2-40C2-93B1-E3A9EED2210C.jpeg
    7592A23C-81E2-40C2-93B1-E3A9EED2210C.jpeg
    509 KB · Views: 31
Why not bring it to the restaurant and show them how much it means to you and leave him a short letter with a picture of you holding the helmet and your number. He might have a hard time not doing something under those conditions. He may just ask that you leave it up there or come back at a time when he is there. The Mannings like their privacy but they really aren’t likely to want to give off a standoffish vibe - it isn’t good for business

I ran into he and Peyton playing pool on the I10 service road when Peyton was in his last year at TN. I got to talk to them but I didn’t muster the courage to ask for more. I was about the same age as Peyton at the time. Now he is much older than I am.

Why not bring it to the restaurant and show them how much it means to you and leave him a short letter with a picture of you holding the helmet and your number. He might have a hard time not doing something under those conditions. He may just ask that you leave it up there or come back at a time when he is there. The Mannings like their privacy but they really aren’t likely to want to give off a standoffish vibe - it isn’t good for business

I ran into he and Peyton playing pool on the I10 service road when Peyton was in his last year at TN. I got to talk to them but I didn’t muster the courage to ask for more. I was about the same age as Peyton at the time. Now he is much older than I am.

I was going to write him a letter and send a picture and ask if I could ship it to him to sign but your idea is better. Thank you.

I’ve been collecting autos on this helmet of Saints players I watched growing up. Archie Manning is my all time favorite Saint. He doesn’t seem to do any public or private signings. If anyone has any connections or contacts that could help me get this signed it would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me. I’d happily pay for his autograph or donate to his charity. I’ve been saving the sweet spot for him and the helmet will never be complete if I don’t get him on it. Thanks!

Off topic, but this helmet would look sweet with our new plain Jane no frills all white unis.

I love Archie. Back in the late 70's I saw him hurrying thru the back streets of downtown likely heading to a business meeting. An elderly couple saw him and stopped him. He spoke with them for about 5-10 minutes then he excused himself and hurried off again. I did not have the heart to stop and ask for an autograph. I thought is was classy for him to stop when he could have easily avoided the couple and now one would have know wider. I met him in the 90's (Eli was a senior in high school then) when he spoke at a local charity function. He is a class act all the way around.

One last funny story was Archie was visiting Eli in Oxford MS one day when a small boy knocked on Eli's door asking for him to autograph his football. The story goes, Archie answered the door and took the ball and boy inside where he had Eli sign the ball for the young boy. When the boy return to his dad, his dad asked was he able to get Eli's autograph, and the boy with a sad look on his face said yes, but some old guy signed it also. The old guy was Archie.

Archie is my all time sports idol. My dad went to Ole Miss so I was a big fan. Archie’s rookie year I was a freshman in a fraternity at Tulane and sort of gave the guys the impression that Archie and I were buddies even though I’d never met him.
That spring I went with a number of fraternity brothers to an exhibition baseball game at City Park involving the Yankees who had a guy from Archie’s home town. As we were walking out under the stadium a huge gaggle was making its way toward us. It was Archie and the Yankee surrounded by a bunch of fans. My brothers said hey there’s your buddy, go say Hi. I had no choice but to fake it. As Archie approached I pushed close and said hey Arch, “how are you?” He looked right at me and said “hey how’ve you been!” like he’d known me for years. He walked on but by the time we got back to the fraternity house, my brothers were telling everybody he called me by my name. I never corrected them.
You won’t find a guy nicer or more beloved by anybody who knows him. My hero Archie Manning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom