Are any of you are as draft fanatic as i am (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I literally make hundreds of mocks, read every draft magazine published, count down the days until draft day, watch every pick of every round, bet money on which player will be chosen, and DO NOT leave the tv screen. I worship the draft. Anyone else have this "Disease"

Let's see. My family leaves the house every year for draft weekend. I think that pretty much says it all.

I literally make hundreds of mocks, read every draft magazine published, count down the days until draft day, watch every pick of every round, bet money on which player will be chosen, and DO NOT leave the tv screen. I worship the draft. Anyone else have this "Disease"

You lost me at "make hundreds of mocks." I'm not that much of a draft fanatic. I'll read a couple draft magazines and definitely watch as much of it as I can, but I can't say I'm there for every pick. That would be like 12 full hours or so of television. If I have to leave the house I'll follow it on my cell phone or listen in the car.

This year my son's birthday party is that saturday and that takes first priority. But it should be over by the time the draft starts, and if not...I've got a DVR. ;)

Not quite that bad but I watch every round don't miss a pick and treat Draft weekend like a holiday. I also DVR it and rewatch key moments.

Let's see. My family leaves the house every year for draft weekend. I think that pretty much says it all.

I know the feeling man. They know not to talk to me while the draft is going on. I sit in front of the screen like a 9 year old watching pokemon

I do most quite a few mocks, I read a lot of draft magazines, and i watch the Draft, so I guess your answer is yes. I don't count down days until the draft though, that is just kind of pathetic. I think the pokemon games were more addictive than the show, maybe that would make a better simile.

I do most quite a few mocks, I read a lot of draft magazines, and i watch the Draft, so I guess your answer is yes. I don't count down days until the draft though, that is just kind of pathetic. I think the pokemon games were more addictive than the show, maybe that would make a better simile.

LMAO. ( i know it's kinda pathetic, but i can't help it. I love the draft)

11 days, 12 hours, 42 minutes, and 8 seconds left until the draft.

I'm a draft fanatic but, apparently, not in that way. I haven't done a mock yet (though I'll do one eventually), I don't buy or read any draft publications to speak of either.

I do look forward to the draft, I treat it as a "sporting event" in and of itself. I've held draft parties in the past, I almost always watch the entire draft. I also "prepare" by watching the combine, the Senior bowl and other college post-season games, and of course I watch many, many college games during the college season. So yes, I consider myself a draft geek.

It was last year that I discovered I really had a problem with the NFL draft. I was in Hawaii on vacation when I woke up at 5:45 am local time to make sure I watched the first round. I was beat by 12 noon and finally caught the Saints pick about 1 pm.

I usually read a bunch of mock drafts and really start getting into it about January all the way through April. I get sick of all the mocks by about 2 weeks before. Which is right about now.

Draft day I watch the opening round until about pick 10. Then I usually run off do some errands and pick it back up for a couple of hours. I always watch the Saints pick and about 4-5 before us in case we make a trade.

I don't really do entire mocks, but I definitely read Mike D's draft guide and this year I bought the USA today one.

I try to watch the whole draft.

I don't see the big deal... most of the draft picks end up as busts or drug dealers. no, seriously, I don't think it's that big of a deal "after the first round anyway".. most of these guys won't even make a team.. free agency is the new draft......just my thought..

I really only look at this forum pre-draft. Once draft day comes I do try to see the whole thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom