Are Gregg Williams' firing and Jeff Duncan's negativity related?[MERGED] (1 Viewer)

The dude would have to be on the draft board, I mean even a defensive coach wouldn't believe Payton is about to reach that far right?

Or he's totally focused on his side of the ball. You bring up an interesting point, but are you inferring that it was made up? Could have also been an extra inside joke to see if he'd even pick up on that. I mean, they were duping the guy to see if he was leaking info.

For people who want to go through the tweets, of course I guess things could have been deleted.

NFL draft live updates from New Orleans Saints headquarters | NOLA.com

day 2

NFL draft, Day 2 updates from New Orleans Saints facility | NOLA.com

I think the best place to find out if it was tweeted is right here on SR. If Duncan tweeted it, someone would have posted it here too, right? Or were we not logged in and reading every tweet back then..

Pretty sure we were. Someone who is good with the search function might strike gold.

just throwing this out there but duncan was first to report the cameron jordan pick by a few minutes according to the nola.com live feed from the first day.

just throwing this out there but duncan was first to report the cameron jordan pick by a few minutes according to the nola.com live feed from the first day.

Yes that was definitely before he was picked. The Mark Ingram pick, I think everyone knew as soon as the Saints traded back in the 1st round.

Just think: when Duncan was wagging his fingers at us & calling us conspiracy theory goofballs, he was conspiring with Gregg Williams and his media buds to dig up dirt on Payton, and Goodell was conspiring with Miller to lie to the coaches and Mr Benson about Cerullo.

I have been waiting to see if someone would answer this question before I asked it and showed my stupidity. But nobody has, so here goes.

The part I don't understand is why it seems to be such a crucial part of the story that SP covered up GW's phone with his hat? I don't get the point on that.

I have been waiting to see if someone would answer this question before I asked it and showed my stupidity. But nobody has, so here goes.

The part I don't understand is why it seems to be such a crucial part of the story that SP covered up GW's phone with his hat? I don't get the point on that.

That would be because it hid the phone from Williams, who could not then use it to text the real pick to his leak beneficiary, who would post the "dummy" pick, revealing his true identity.

That was the plan, anyway.

That would be because it hid the phone from Williams, who could not then use it to text the real pick to his leak beneficiary, who would post the "dummy" pick, revealing his true identity.

That was the plan, anyway.

Thanks! That's so obvious I'm embarrassed I didn't see it.

It's strange to imagine this entire scenario playing out in a period of 5 minutes.

I agree. It really seems like Vitt tells the truth and adds a bit of hot sauce for good measure.

This entire affair has ruined many things. I regret that it's divided the fans this way. If one were to entertain the notion that Vitt indeed helped to cover this up then I don't feel his testimony does not do much to change their mind. What was that thing that Hargrove was trying to say about ending someone's career and Vitt tells him "Let me do the talking here" ?

That's in itself an implication that they want to keep their stories straight. Or is that they want a certain version of the truth?

I can't understand why he would say Duncan (or any other reporter) would report the leaked decoy or why he'd have Hargrove shut up like he did. It seems like he's volunteering implicating testimony.

I mean, it's pretty clear that Vitt didn't just make this up, regardless of what we can or can't unearth in terms of a tweet. Duncan just reported on it's aftermath - Payton confronted him about reporting "the draft pick" ... be it a OL out of Oklahoma or a long snapper out of Ottawa, something gave them the impression that Williams was feeding Duncan picks. Duncan himself confirms that. So it isn't like Vitt just made something up to cover his own butt with Tags. Duncan confirmed that yes, the Saints believed this happened, and did so before bountygate ever even took form.

As far as Hargrove, I just took it to mean that Cerullo effectively ended his career, since nobody's been willing to sign a guy on the NFL &^%$ list who had an 8-game suspension over his head.

Could the report been a radio report? Wwl has had draft coverage in the past with multiple people/reporters commenting on picks. Maybe he was on air and made a comment.

What was that thing that Hargrove was trying to say about ending someone's career and Vitt tells him "Let me do the talking here" ?

That's in itself an implication that they want to keep their stories straight. Or is that they want a certain version of the truth?

That's pretty simple. Vitt was testifying, and there can only be one witness at a time.

I am really surprised that Tags or one of the attorneys did not speak up. My best guess is that Hargrove was able to get that in because he was on a speaker phone and that slowed Tags down because he was unsure as to who was speaking (Hargrove or some attorney). I think Vitt just beat him to the punch.

In any case, we all know that people in a courtroom (or at a hearing) can't just chime in whenever they please. One of the "officers of the court" should have corrected Hargrove, but it seems that Vitt had command of the room at that moment. (And judging by Vitt's testimony I would think he was very much in de facto control of the room -- gotta love that guy).

Just reading this transcript tells me that Vilma's defamation case should have real legs. It would appear that the commisioner with malice aforethought went after an organization based on the testimony of a KNOWN sociopathic liar.

Wow, the shenanigans that went on with all of this. It's infuriating.

Just reading this transcript tells me that Vilma's defamation case should have real legs. It would appear that the commisioner with malice aforethought went after an organization based on the testimony of a KNOWN sociopathic liar.

Wow, the shenanigans that went on with all of this. It's infuriating.

Hasn't the defamation lawsuit already been thrown out of court?

I think that maybe a group action from Payton, loomis et al for lost wages would be a possibility but I imagine they had to sign a waiver before being reinstated

Hasn't the defamation lawsuit already been thrown out of court?

I think that maybe a group action from Payton, loomis et al for lost wages would be a possibility but I imagine they had to sign a waiver before being reinstated
Yes, it was thrown out because of the CBA language. My point is that it SHOULD have legs because it would seem that Goodell knew full well that the character of his witness was unreliable and not in the LEAST bit credible.

But I hope to God that Payton, Vitt, Benson, Hargrove just SOMEBODY takes this mess to court. Reading that transcript seriously infuriated me. Just opened up the old wounds of how un-freaking-fair this whole sham has been.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom