Are Gregg Williams' firing and Jeff Duncan's negativity related?[MERGED] (1 Viewer)

Maybe. Maybe not. I'm sure if there is an issue, it's beyond that.

I remember a phrase those beat reporters say. Remember, I'll be here longer than the coach will be. And it's mostly true. How many coaches has Peter Finney seen come and go?

Look, these are adults. They get along, they tick each other off.

It's hard to say what kind of relationship they do and don't have when Payton hasn't been around to talk to anyone. I'd see how the rest of the off season and part of next season play out before we can piece together any real story here.

Duncan denies it was him. He also takes exception with possibly losing his livelihood over what he sees as a baseless accusation. How ironic.

Gregg Williams may have been texting Saints draft picks to someone but it wasn't me | NOLA.com

If the Saints really believed it they would have revoked his media credientials. They didn't.

Did you catch the little joke in there though?

No one - local or national - breaks Saints draft picks and it will stay that way, at least until Fox scores the broadcast rights to the NFL draft.
He's talking about Jay Glazer. ;)

People of New Orleans should call Duncan "Oklahoma Jeff". It will remind him daily how low does he has fallen...

Duncan is the Taylor Swift of journalists. Be "mean" to him and he will write something catchy against you.

Last edited:
LOL @ Jeff Duncan worried about losing his livelihood

YOU ARE DEAD TO NEW ORLEANS

Sorry if you didnt get the memo you low life piece of crap

" No one - local or national - breaks Saints draft picks and it will stay that way, at least until Fox scores the broadcast rights to the NFL draft."

Look! Glazer envy, Oh Jeff!!!

I was pulling for Oklahoma Jeff, now I am more of Taylor Duncan! jealous and mean!!!

Well, at least we know why Scooter hates Payton so much. I am really happy that he responded to the earlier articles. However; he didn't really have a choice. Now we don't have to speculate as to his motives for badmouthing the Saints at every turn.

Jeff Duncan is lying. He knows perfectly well that there will be no lie detector test given or anything of the sort. Duncan is a lying snake in the grass and deserves to lose his job at the Times-Picayune over it.

Jeff Duncan is lying. He knows perfectly well that there will be no lie detector test given or anything of the sort. Duncan is a lying snake in the grass and deserves to lose his job at the Times-Picayune over it.

It is very simple to see who's telling the true. If there was a Duncan tweet about the Oklahoma guy, then case is closed. If not, I take back the Taylor Swift comment.

I don't think tweets last forever, but there might be some record of what he tweeted right here on SR.Com.

It should have been quite easy at the time to find out who sent the offending tweet. Whether it was Scooter or someone else, there are only so many reporters covering the Saints, the offender should have stuck out. Hey, for a professional journalist, they should still be able to look back and find out who done it, whether it was Duncan or someone else.

One of the commentors on NOLA had it perfect. He said that since it was reported that Duncan did this, that he must have done this. That after all is the standard that Duncan used against the Saints.

One final word to Scooter: you are gonna end up like Kenny Wilkerson if you don't give up and move one to something else other than sportswriting in this town.

If the Saints really believed it they would have revoked his media credientials. They didn't.

Did you catch the little joke in there though?

He's talking about Jay Glazer. ;)

Probably referring to Benson owning Fox-8.

Duncan is such a little tool. Love seeing him attempt to defend himself now that he's been outed as an actual part of the problem who has actually hurt the organization. How he still has a job is beyond me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom