Are Gregg Williams' firing and Jeff Duncan's negativity related?[MERGED] (2 Viewers)

whodat16w

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Interesting tidbit on the relationship between Payton, Williams and Jeff Duncan coming from Joe Vitt's testimony. It'd be impossible to say for sure, but if considering the way Duncan has turned himself into a villain I wouldn't be surprised if he soured on the Saints after his star source Williams was fired before bountygate broke.

"We're going to take this guy from Oklahoma. Gregg texts this guy from Oklahoma to Jeff Duncan, puts his phone down, and Sean comes over and covers his phone with a hat and changes the draft pick. Duncan reports about this kid from Oklahoma on the offense. So we had - at that point in time, Sean had had enough. And an exit strategy was in place to move on from - to move on from Gregg."

Joe Vitt questioned Mike Cerullo's credibility during Paul Tagliabue's bounty hearing | NOLA.com

eye opening at how big of liars Goodell and bunch are, 50000 pages of lies, they couldn't even come up with the pages of lies they told the media they had.

Absolutely. Duncan lost his connection to inside info and his only choice to getting readers was to turn heel.

that is awesome. I read the Vitt article but did not see that. lol at how Coach makes it known who the General is. The future is still bright...its just pretty darn gray today.

Way to go Scooter, took a page right out of Kenny Wilkersons book.

Wow, Joe Vitt destroyed any chance that Cerullo is credible.

From that article "I've done my time, Commissioner, and I'm - I could've retired last August. I'll make a decision after the season what I'm going to do with my career."

Anyone else get the feeling that Duncan won't be inviting Larry Holder to have lunch with him tomorrow.

Or have Joe Vitt over for dinner with the fam.

Consider this y'all; the transcript is what the NFL leaked, okay. The NFL thought Vitt's testimony strengthened rather than weakened their argument. Can you imagine when Payton writes his book? Oh boy.

You learn something new every day folks. Gregg Williams has been trashing Payton to Duncan all along; they probably text one another daily.

Holy crap, I would to sit and have few beers with Vitt. It would probably be the most hilarious night ever.

I love this quote:
Vitt: "Everybody stands over Cerullo, but no. The answer is no."

The balls on this guy is huge for a hearing :hihi::hihi:

Amazing. And now we know why Cerullo was missing work. Guy can't even keep his lies straight.

So who's crazy now? They all laughed at us! They all said we were crazy! Well HA!

A few selective passages I thoroughly enjoyed and occasionally LOL'd at...

The investigators, Jeff Miller in particular, acknowledged that I did not give any money to a bounty because he said to me, 'you know, we heard that your wife is so cheap that you have a hard time getting lunch money every day'. That was his comment to me. And I said, "well, your wife must have a pretty good sense of humor, too, with the clothes you're wearing right now."

Joe Vitt - 1, NFL Investigators - 0. :hihi:

This is criminal how Vitt owns him with this one...

If I took Mike Cerullo, who was sitting right here right now, and Commissioner, asked him to get up on the board and diagram 11 offensive players and 11 defensive players, No. 1, he couldn't do that. He could not draw a pro offense, a slot set. He could not give me a pro set. He could not give me I split, I near, I far backs, and that's after being in this league for three years. So when we hired him in '08 at the suggestion from some coaches from Syracuse, we had him on the offensive side of the ball. Doug Marrone is a Syracuse grad. He's now the head coach at Syracuse. He kind of stuck up for Cerullo a little bit, he was going to try to show him the way. As soon as Doug Marrone left, we begged Doug Marrone to take this guy with him back to Syracuse and give him a position. Doug said, "no, he's staying right there". So the offense had had enough of Mike Cerullo.

:smilielol:

Ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom, ba-da-bat, ba-da-boom. Sean calls back and he said, 'Well, you're right.' I said, "Well this is the fourth. This is the fourth. He went to Haiti, he had to go babysit, he went to go get a ring and now this is the fourth. So when are we going to have an exit strategy with this young lad? When are we going to get him off the premises?"

Love the sarcasm in this one... :spit:

Yeah. You know, I felt such strong trust with Mike Cerullo, especially after the last four weeks he missed work, that I could really trust in him, that I could tell him the deep down secrets of my heart, let's destroy these documents. Mike, just me and you because we're tight. No. The answer is Cerullo. Cerullo is an idiot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom