Are Miami and Cincy the most likely?? (1 Viewer)

where yat brah

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gulf Breeze, FL via NOLA via Donaldsonville/Frankl
to be willing to make a deal with the Saints for their 1st rounder?

Miami has 2 second round picks and 2 third rounders.
Cincy has 2 second round picks.
SF has 2 third rounders, so the could potentially move up to 15 in exchange for their 1st along with their 2nd and a 3rd.

Do any you draft gurus think these would be the mostly likely dancing partners.
Is there someone specific that either Miami, Cincy or SF would want to make a deal for?

Maybe Barkley or Glennon or Warmack?

Firstly there's absolutely zero chance Miami or Cincinnati want a QB.

Miami have lot's of holes to fill but if they have 2 players they are struggling to chose between at #12 and one of them is still there at #15 then yeah I could see them trying to make a jump.

A big time receiver or offensive lineman. Heck they could even go corner, safety or defensive tackle. It all depends on how they address free agency.

So using the trade value chart.

Our pick #15 is worth 1050 points.

They hold picks #42 480 #54 360 #77 205 totaling 1045

So that's a good idea of what they'd have to give up to get back into the middle of the 1st round.

So unless we have Mingo or Jones on the board for instance and we're jumping for joy they've fallen to us then yeah I think it's something we'd actively pursue.

This year is going to have a lot less first roun trades than previous years. With no big name QBs, WRs or RBs, the top players are surrounded by other top players at their positions.

I doubt we see anybody trade up into the first round. There will be some shifting within the rounds. Maybe someone moving up to grab Jarvis Jones, if he drops into the teens. Also a move for Mingo, if there is a run on pass rushers. The only issue with those are, why would the Saints trade back and miss out on the biggest team need, a top pass rusher?

Firstly there's absolutely zero chance Miami or Cincinnati want a QB.

Miami have lot's of holes to fill but if they have 2 players they are struggling to chose between at #12 and one of them is still there at #15 then yeah I could see them trying to make a jump.

A big time receiver or offensive lineman. Heck they could even go corner, safety or defensive tackle. It all depends on how they address free agency.

So using the trade value chart.

Our pick #15 is worth 1050 points.

They hold picks #42 480 #54 360 #77 205 totaling 1045

So that's a good idea of what they'd have to give up to get back into the middle of the 1st round.

So unless we have Mingo or Jones on the board for instance and we're jumping for joy they've fallen to us then yeah I think it's something we'd actively pursue.

I think with all that in mind, and since Miami picks a few spots ahead of us, I seriously doubt they would trade back into the first round. Also, we'd be giving up our first round pick for this.

Cincy is the only possibility, if they want to move up a few spots, but I don't think moving up 6 spots will necessarily grant us a 2nd rounder. At least here, it would just be a swap.

I think with all that in mind, and since Miami picks a few spots ahead of us, I seriously doubt they would trade back into the first round. Also, we'd be giving up our first round pick for this.

Cincy is the only possibility, if they want to move up a few spots, but I don't think moving up 6 spots will necessarily grant us a 2nd rounder. At least here, it would just be a swap.

The Bengals hold picks #21 800 #37 530 #53 370 #84 170

So a trade with them for both the second round picks and the third is most likely as that would total 1070

Or maybe switching 1st rounders. And picking up their third and 4th round choices.

Obviously the teams don't always stay so strict to the value chart but they only really tend to stray from it when they are desperate for a certain guy.

dolphins open for business, let us get colston and we can swap 1st rounders. deal?

lol keep dreaming...we don't want your first rounder. it would do us absolutely no good to be at your pick, because all that does is move us in front of TB and CAR...which will likely be CB and a DT. Neither of which are priorities so much that they're worth losing our #1 WR over. Tell you what, you can get Colston for your 1st rounder and one of the second rounders.

lol keep dreaming...we don't want your first rounder. it would do us absolutely no good to be at your pick, because all that does is move us in front of TB and CAR...which will likely be CB and a DT. Neither of which are priorities so much that they're worth losing our #1 WR over. Tell you what, you can get Colston for your 1st rounder and one of the second rounders.

1st rounder for colston? hes not even a probowler.

I don't think Miami, the bengals or any other team are in such a hurry to grab any player at 15 since I don't see a team needing to pick a player right there when they can wait and get a similar one later.

The only chance I can see is if one of the 3 offensive tackles is there at 15 and a needy team wants to grab him.

It takes two to tango.

Most teams won't jump into the top ten unless it is for a franchise type player like QB or OT.

This year the teams that need a QB are already in the top ten spots so there won't be any movement from the back end of the draft.

Teams may jump for an OT but not all the way to to front to draft Joeckel. It cost lots less to wait for Joeckel and Fisher to be taken then try to jump the crowd to take Lane Johnson or Warmack.

As for D linemen or pass rushers I don't see anybody moving up until late in the first round, as there are too many options this year, and most all are in the same talent level.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom