Are neckties the worst? (1 Viewer)

Heading to a destination wedding right now and I’ll be wearing one. And yes, they undoubtedly suck. Weddings and neckties.
ETA:
I lucked out @guidomerkinsrules it’s a Cowboy themed ranch wedding. I can wear jeans. (My wife always packs us so I assumed the worst etc.)
Happy day!

Last edited:
i might wear a tie 2-3 times a year....I hate it every time

it clashes with my sensibilities

Yes. I have no idea where the idea came from, but to start the day tying a noose around your neck and cutting off blood circulation to the brain is insanity.

Yes. I have no idea where the idea came from, but to start the day tying a noose around your neck and cutting off blood circulation to the brain is insanity.
Most certainly British. Right?

I read the title as Neckies. I thought we had a new racist term for fat neck beards. I got excited.

One day people thought that the current formal wear for men was just too comfortable, so they decided to put a noose around their necks and tighten it up to the point of asphyxiation. Not only could it restrict your breathing, but had the added bonuses of being difficult to tie and also always getting in the way. Throw in the fact that it is difficult to clean despite being the one article most likely to get stained, and they knew they had a winner.

am i the only one that can put a tie on my own neck only- ? if i have to do a tie for someone else, i have to put their tie on my neck to do it...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom