Are Saints fans ready to properly support another African American QB? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember liking Aaron Brooks well enough back in the day. used to get so frustrated with him when he'd throw an interception, or like throw the ball backwards or some such, and walk off the field with this big grin.. that's how I remember it anyways.

... and for the record, personally, beyond some annoyances in QB play, the only issue I had with Aaron Brooks was that I wanted Jeff Blake to be the starter, and I felt Brooks was given the position without actual competition.

But then, Jeff Blake is also melanin-rich, so...

... and did I mention Russell Wilson?

Although, I do get where the OP is coming from in principle.

I think MOST saints fan had already accepted or welcome any quarterback regardless of skin color. You can look at Jeff Blake and how disappointed he didn't last. You can look at how people here lobbied so hard to keep Teddy Bridgewater. And up till Deshaun Watson legal problems, people fantasized about him being in this offense. And you see how people were wondering "what if" Kansas City didn't make that trade in 2017. If you still wondering about fans accepting or not accepting a black quarterback, then I don't know what to say.

Not to speak of the OP in this sense, but I hate how New Saints fans believe the fan base disliked Aaron Brooks, or believe that there will be some sort of slight leveled against Winston because of the color of his skin. Saints fans in the last 20+ years have had no issue with having a black quarterback. Jeff Blake, Aaron Brooks, Adrien McPherson (that damn mascot), Teddy B, Jameis. Fans don’t care who is pulling the trigger as long as the ball goes to the receiver (and not a defensive back). If Winston wins the job look for fans to root for him as they do any Saints quarterback, and if he does as well as Brees, look for them to adore him as such.

At the end of the day, this isn’t a racial issue, it’s a matter of if the quarterback can get the job done, and to be honest with you I don’t envy Jameis (or Taysom) because there are two truths in sports 1) Father time is undefeated, and 2) There is nothing harder than being the man who replaces the Man.

Then they probably shouldn't be a Saints/NFL fan since probably 70+% of the roster is black.
Oh I’d agree, sadly, racism isn’t just a white person thing.

My point is there are folks who are constantly looking for racism in everything. Everywhere.

I was raised to not see color, to judge folks on the content of their character and not the color of their skin.

I couldn’t care less if a person is white black yellow green neon pink fuchsia etc….they’re either a good person or not based on their character.

So are you saying Saints fans didn’t accept Brooks because of the color of his skin or the lack of ability of his skills as a Qb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom