Are Saints Opponents Punch Drunk After Loss (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
Aside from Philly, who went on to beat KC, but that should HARDLY count because nothing cures the ails of losing like the salve of playing the Bucs, Rams, Chiefs, Raiders or Titans.

It seems that teams have a hangover and lose the week after they play us.

Detroit Lions 13 vs Minnesota Vikings 27

Philadelphia Eagles 34 vs 14 Kansas City Chiefs

Buffalo Bills 10 @ Miami Dolphins 38

NY Jets 27 @ Miami Dolphins 31

NY Giants 17 vs 24 Arizona Cardinals

The average margin of victory for the team that plays a team after the Saints is 14. That's two TDs and XPs.

Also, each team that played us was coming off a win or hadn't loss the week prior to facing us.

Lions........ 0-0
Eagles...... 1-0
Bills.......... 1-1 Had just beaten the Bucs.
Jets............3-0
Giants.......5-0
Dolphins...2-3 Had just beaten the Jets and had a bye week.

The Dolphins have a rematch against the Jets coming up, so we will see how that pans out.

If you watch boxing, sometimes after a boxer has had a particularly demoralizing defeat, one wherein he is completely outclassed, he can sometimes take a long time to recover or never recover really. I remember Tito fought Bernard Hopkins and immediately retired after that bloodbath.

It can be extremely frustrating to realize that there is a team THAT much better than you and that you have NO realistic shot at winning a playoff game against a team of that caliber, especially if you have to play that team on the road in the SUPERDOME.

Do you think that once teams face us, they immediately go into a tailspin realizing how thoroughly outclassed by the Saints they are?

Last edited:
None of those results are exactly surprising. I guess you could call the Cards (at home) beating the Giants an upset, but it's not much of one.

Sanchez falling brutally back to earth after getting dismantled in NO is probably the closest thing to supporting your theory.

From my thread a few days ago:

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130227&highlight=chad_moore

So far this year, after we get done beating a team, the following week they are 1-4

Detroit lost to Minnesota
Eagles beat Kansas City
Bills lost to Miami
Jets lost to Miami
Giants lost to Arizona
Miami...verdict is still out, but they are playing the Jets away.

I wonder if we are putting such a pounding on teams that it's taking them awhile to recover? Let's not forget that prior to us playing these teams, their records were a combined 12-5 (.705%) before kickoff.

After playing us and the final whiste blew, they were a combined: 12-11 (.521%)

The follwing week after playing us the records shot down to: 13-15 (.464%) and could go even lower if the Fins lose to the Jets.

Talk about knocking a team into next week? JEEZ....we're beating them down so badly, it's taking them a full week to just recover, only to be knocked down again....WOW!

Detroit Lions 13 vs Minnesota Vikings 27

Philadelphia Eagles 34 vs 14 Kansas City Chiefs

Buffalo Bills 10 @ Miami Dolphins 38

NY Jets 27 @ Miami Dolphins 31

NY Giants 17 vs 24 Arizona Cardinals
The only one you could say is surprising would be Giants getting beat by Arizona which isn't even that shocking

I think, especially in the cases of the Jets and Giants, we destroy their confidence and wreck their team psyche. The Giants were supposed to be unstoppable on offense, with a fierce D, but they were handed their lunch. The Jets were the new bad boys. Tough and mean and the Saints D showed them what it really means to be tough.

We just don't beat these teams, we beat them at their own game and it shatters their identity and confidence. It takes awhile to recover from such a thorough *** kicking :hihi:

I have mentioned this to a couple of buddies, they all agree that we are pummeling people into the ground and it is taking said teams an xtra week to get back on track lol.. Bolts fans ugg.

Since we're on the subject, this is a myspace blog of mine that I wrote after the Giants game. It's a little over the top and I wasn't really gonna post it but.............since the subject came up about what has happened to our opponents after their date with the Saints .......here it is....

<LABEL id=pBlogSubject_515282116>New Orleans Saints: Health Alert, or Legalized Crime?</LABEL>
Current mood:Humorous, smack-talk
Category: Sports
<!--- blog body --->There's a strange phenomenon going on in the NFL this year. The New Orleans Saints seem to have EMOTIONALLY CASTRATED each of their first 5 opponents thus far this season. If you consider that their first 5 opponents have come into their respective matchups with the Saints standing 'tall' with a combined 10 -1 record and have fallen to a 'limp' 4-14 (combined) since their 'appointment' with the pride of the Big Easy, you can begin to understand what Im speaking of. The Saints have NEVER trailed in any game thus far this year, have beaten their opponents by an average of 20 pts., and will be taking aim at the manhood of it's future opponents in weeks to come. Let's examine in more detail. In no particular order:

Week 3 Buffalo Bills - The Bills enter week three at 1-1 with only a respectable 1pt loss to team of the decade New England Patriots, as their only blemish. Moreover, Buffalo led the Patriots for 58:54 before falling by 1 and had every reason to believe they were gonna be a player in this year's AFC East race. The Saints, faced with making a long distance house call Buffalo to take on a solid Bills front seven seemed primed for a letdown after scoring the easiest looking 93 points in recent memory in the span of just two games. In a no frills display of stingy defense and the kind of smash mouth offense that would have made any old school pigskin purist once again stand erect, the Saints wore down the Bills in the trenches and brought into question, the masculinity of another backyard bully with an unsaintly, but convincing 20 pt win over the physically whipped Bills. How did Buffalo fare after their meeting with the 2009 Saints? In a case for the textbooks, the effects were immediate, and definitive, as the following week with a chance to get right back into the AFC race, the Bills went down to Miami 38-10, and followed that up with an even less impressive 6-3 loss AT HOME to a Cleveland Brown team that is so punchless that, experts are now beginning to suspect that these same Browns, held a series of secret scrimmages at Saints camp sometime around late summer. This would explain not only the Browns (lack of) performance thus far this year, but could hold a clue to figuring out the pathology behind the noticable twist in backup QB Brady Quinn's gait.

Week 2 Philadelphia Eagles - fresh off an impressive 28 pt road win, the 1-0 Eagles returned home with intentions of dropping some major defense Philly-style on the overhyped Saints offense that got fat by running up 45 pts on a poor defenseless cowardly Detroit Lions team in their home opener. 48pts and 421 net yards later, the Saints leave the city of Brotherly Love on pace break virtually every meaningful offensive record in the history of professional football and a 26 pt skull-dragging of the "stingy" Eagles on their resume. Unlike the other previously undefeated teams on the Saints Patient list, Philly proved to be a tough nut to crack as the Eagles showed that their residual testosterone levels were abnormally elevated and 'manned up' to post 20 and 19 point wins over the ever dangerous Chiefs and Bucs respectively before they could defy science no longer. 3 wks after their matchup with the Saints, the stubborn Eagles predictably fell more suddenly than a traquilized elephant during a shooting of Life in the Serengeti, to the once proud but now totally inept Oakland Raiders 13-9 in this year's most surprising upset to date and possibly the worst perfomance by an Eagles team since Andy Reid became head man.

Week 4 New York Jets - Although both teams entered week 4 undefeated and both were gaining league wide respect on the strength of impressive early season wins, the marquee game of week 4 was not the great matchup in the Superdome between these two undefeated titans. No, keeping with the theme of unexplained loss of testosterone league-wide, 40 yr old Brett Favre's much anticipated tilt vs his former team, the Packers, grabbed the headlines in the week leading up to week 4. However, it was the Saints-Jets matchup that had the league in damage control mode the ensuing week. You see, even though the Jets, led by defensive guru Rex Ryan came into the game with the most feared pass rush in the league, it was the Saints that walked away with all the 'sacks' on this day and the Saints with one swing of the Juju, seemingly turned the Cinderella Jets into true-life Cinderellas, as the once undefeated Jets have been winless ever since.

Week 5 New York Giants - The NFL's marquee matchup of the week pitted the 5-0 Giants arguably the best team in the league vs the 4-0 Saints. The Giants, known for their physicality on both sides of the ball entered the game ranked 1st in total defense and 2nd in total offense. The matchup of these Giants, vs a Saints team still trying to shake the reputation of being a finesse team only, had prognosticators licking their chops at the thought of the Giants, located at the heart of the media capitol of the world, putting the pesky Saints in their place once and for all. What took place after kickoff on Sunday was one of the most one-sided, comprehensive, confidence-robbing, physical, mental, and emotional, beat downs that such a game between two undefeated teams this deep into the season has ever witnessed. With Drew Brees slinging the ball to every quadrant of the field with the precision of a urologist, Marques Colston outclassing every DB on the Giant roster, Shockey and Lance Moore claiming more territory in the Giants secondary than the Dutch West India Company and Robert Meachum removing any pride the Giants may have had left by gutting them deep, the Saints had hung 48 pts on the manly Giants before the fat lady could as much as clear her throat. The legendary New York pass rush didn't lay a fake fingernail on Brees all day and once the Giants were sufficiently secured in prone position, the Saints mercifully called off the attack after hardly breaking a good sweat.................... G-Men?............we'll soon find out.

Week 1 - The Detroit Lions. With all the talk of low testosterone levels, I decided to save this game for last. Disappointingly, tests results could detect no measureable testosterone levels among the Lions pregame so, no comparison can be made but for the record, the Saints scored 45 on the defenseless Lions and the Lions have posted a 1-4 record since. No trace has yet to be found, apparently everything went as expected.

Ray Johnson

Last edited:
Since we're on the subject, this is a myspace blog of mine that I wrote after the Giants game. It's a little over the top and I wasn't really gonna post it but.............since the subject came up about what has happened to our opponents after their date with the Saints .......here it is....

<LABEL id=pBlogSubject_515282116>New Orleans Saints: Health Alert, or Legalized Crime?</LABEL>
Current mood:Humorous, smack-talk
Category: Sports
<!--- blog body --->There's a strange phenomenon going on in the NFL this year. The New Orleans Saints seem to have EMOTIONALLY CASTRATED each of their first 5 opponents thus far this season. If you consider that their first 5 opponents have come into their respective matchups with the Saints standing 'tall' with a combined 10 -1 record and have fallen to a 'limp' 4-14 (combined) since their 'appointment' with the pride of the Big Easy, you can begin to understand what Im speaking of. The Saints have NEVER trailed in any game thus far this year, have beaten their opponents by an average of 20 pts., and will be taking aim at the manhood of it's future opponents in weeks to come. Let's examine in more detail. In no particular order:

Week 3 Buffalo Bills - The Bills enter week three at 1-1 with only a respectable 1pt loss to team of the decade New England Patriots, as their only blemish. Moreover, Buffalo led the Patriots for 58:54 before falling by 1 and had every reason to believe they were gonna be a player in this year's AFC East race. The Saints, faced with making a long distance house call Buffalo to take on a solid Bills front seven seemed primed for a letdown after scoring the easiest looking 93 points in recent memory in the span of just two games. In a no frills display of stingy defense and the kind of smash mouth offense that would have made any old school pigskin purist once again stand erect, the Saints wore down the Bills in the trenches and brought into question, the masculinity of another backyard bully with an unsaintly, but convincing 20 pt win over the physically whipped Bills. How did Buffalo fare after their meeting with the 2009 Saints? In a case for the textbooks, the effects were immediate, and definitive, as the following week with a chance to get right back into the AFC race, the Bills went down to Miami 38-10, and followed that up with an even less impressive 6-3 loss AT HOME to a Cleveland Brown team that is so punchless that, experts are now beginning to suspect that these same Browns, held a series of secret scrimmages at Saints camp sometime around late summer. This would explain not only the Browns (lack of) performance thus far this year, but could hold a clue to figuring out the pathology behind the noticable twist in backup QB Brady Quinn's gait.

Week 2 Philadelphia Eagles - fresh off an impressive 28 pt road win, the 1-0 Eagles returned home with intentions of dropping some major defense Philly-style on the overhyped Saints offense that got fat by running up 45 pts on a poor defenseless cowardly Detroit Lions team in their home opener. 48pts and 421 net yards later, the Saints leave the city of Brotherly Love on pace break virtually every meaningful offensive record in the history of professional football and a 26 pt skull-dragging of the "stingy" Eagles on their resume. Unlike the other previously undefeated teams on the Saints Patient list, Philly proved to be a tough nut to crack as the Eagles showed that their residual testosterone levels were abnormally elevated and 'manned up' to post 20 and 19 point wins over the ever dangerous Chiefs and Bucs respectively before they could defy science no longer. 3 wks after their matchup with the Saints, the stubborn Eagles predictably fell more suddenly than a traquilized elephant during a shooting of Life in the Serengeti, to the once proud but now totally inept Oakland Raiders 13-9 in this year's most surprising upset to date and possibly the worst perfomance by an Eagles team since Andy Reid became head man.

Week 4 New York Jets - Although both teams entered week 4 undefeated and both were gaining league wide respect on the strength of impressive early season wins, the marquee game of week 4 was not the great matchup in the Superdome between these two undefeated titans. No, keeping with the theme of unexplained loss of testosterone league-wide, 40 yr old Brett Favre's much anticipated tilt vs his former team, the Packers, grabbed the headlines in the week leading up to week 4. However, it was the Saints-Jets matchup that had the league in damage control mode the ensuing week. You see, even though the Jets, led by defensive guru Rex Ryan came into the game with the most feared pass rush in the league, it was the Saints that walked away with all the 'sacks' on this day and instead of the proverbial Cinderella story Jets turning into a pumpkin that day at the Superdome, the Saints with one swing of the Juju, seemingly turned the Jets into true-life Cinderellas, as the once undefeated Jets have been winless ever since.

Week 5 New York Giants - The NFL's marquee matchup of the week pitted the 5-0 Giants arguably the best team in the league vs the 4-0 Saints. The Giants, known for their physicality on both sides of the ball entered the game ranked 1st in total defense and 2nd in total offense. The matchup of these Giants, vs a Saints team still trying to shake the reputation of being a finesse team only, had prognosticators licking their chops at the thought of the Giants, located at the heart of the media capitol of the world, putting the pesky Saints in their place once and for all. What took place after kickoff on Sunday was one of the most one-sided, comprehensive, confidence-robbing, physical, mental, and emotional, beat downs that such a game between two undefeated teams this deep into the season has ever witnessed. With Drew Brees slinging the ball to every quadrant of the field with the precision of a urologist, Marques Colston outclassing every DB on the Giant roster, Shockey and Lance Moore claiming more territory in the Giants secondary than the Dutch West India Company and Robert Meachum removing any pride the Giants may have had left by gutting them deep, the Saints had hung 48 pts on the manly Giants before the fat lady could as much as clear her throat. The legendary New York pass rush didn't lay a fake fingernail on Brees all day and once the Giants were sufficiently secured in prone position, the Saints mercifully called off the attack after hardly breaking a good sweat.................... G-Men?............we'll soon find out.

Week 1 - The Detroit Lions. With all the talk of low testosterone levels, I decided to save this game for last. Disappointingly, tests results could detect no measureable testosterone levels among the Lions pregame so, no comparison can be made but for the record, the Saints scored 45 on the defenseless Lions and the Lions have posted a 1-4 record since. No trace has yet to be found, apparently everything went as expected.

Ray Johnson

That was a good breakdown. Pretty much what I am saying. The Saints are manhandling teams and busting up their egos.

It's hard to have swagger when an opponent de-pantses you on national television, in a game where the entire world was ready for the Giants coronation, only to have the king-to-be viciously dethroned and emasculated. Apparently the emperor did indeed have no clothes.

That is when you start clinging to things like: the refs were out to get us because the officiating was turrubul, injuries played a key role in this decisive loss, we didn't play this game outdoors at home, etc...

Do you think that once teams face us, they immediately go into a tailspin realizing how thoroughly outclassed by the Saints

I really think that teams dont give a ****, you have to have a short memory in the NFL.

I've been meaning to do this for a while, so when I saw this thread I whipped up a simple Excel table. Here's a clipping. The numbers are the margin of victory, greyed zeros are Bye weeks (a tie would be full black text)

The Eagles were the only team able to "weather the storm" so to speak. Except for the Oakland game, of course. Interestingly enough, with the obvious exception of the first game of the season, every one of our opponents have faced us following a win. Until Monday :hihi:

Also, had the Bills managed to defeat the Patriots, the Dolphins would have been the first team we've played with a mark on their record.

I might do a graph later if I find a format I like. Anyway, enjoy.

Attachments

• Schedule.png
    Schedule.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 246
I've been meaning to do this for a while, so when I saw this thread I whipped up a simple Excel table. Here's a clipping. The numbers are the margin of victory, greyed zeros are Bye weeks (a tie would be full black text)

The Eagles were the only team able to "weather the storm" so to speak. Except for the Oakland game, of course. Interestingly enough, with the obvious exception of the first game of the season, every one of our opponents have faced us after a win. Until Monday :hihi:

Also, had the Bills managed to defeat the Patriots, the Dolphins would have been the first team we've played with a mark on their record.

I might do a graph later if I find a format I like. Anyway, enjoy.

That is really cool.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom