Are Saints Scared(*MERGED*) (1 Viewer)

This is not something the Saints organization is doing, it is the players themselves, spearheaded by Brees. They want to keep the distractions away and focus on one thing, beating the team they are playing this week. Just imagine how po'd they will be when we play the Giants and wont give them any interviews - two game weeks in a row, no opposing player interviews for NY.

So let me get this straight:

The Saints turned down several requests for a conference call, the reasons for which you admit you don't know; And your conclusion is that the organization must be scared. You flatter yourself.

Exactly. Whatever that guy wants to think, sure. Media. Sheesh.

I would say it should be bulletin board material, but this guy is such a nobody, it wouldn't even be worth that much.

:mecry:

The no name NY media guy got mad because he got snubbed by the Saints and got even the only way he could, by writing an accusatory story implying the Saints might be afraid. But just like sending a scathing email to someone who you are ticked off at without thinking, he posted an article he shouldn't have, and probably caught hell from his boss (which is why it was changed), and will probably catch hell from Rex Ryan, who I'm sure doesn't want any more bulletin board material for the Saints than possible, especially from sources he can't control.

As far as the Saints declining interviews, I'm all for it, eliminates the possibility of giving the other team bulletin board material (especially if their media tries to egg on any of our more outspoken players), gives a little more mystery for the other team for the game on Sunday, and keeps our guys focused on winning.

So this jerk from NJ did his 'revenge' story anyway...

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/09/ex-jets_linebacker_jonathan_vi.html

Ex-Jets linebacker Jonathan Vilma is pumped to meet old team

Turns out Saints veteran safety Darren Sharper was good for a quote or two on the conference call today with Jets beat writers. How about that?

Sharper, who was our guest after five other player requests were turned down by the Saints, gave us this little nugget about ex-Jets LB Jonathan Vilma.

``People say, `Someone's garbage is another person's treasure,'' said Sharper. ``We feel like J,V. is a treasure for us because he's a perfect fit for the style of defense we want to run. He's a guy that can get to the football, get up and down the line and is a great leader.

``I know he's going to have a little bit of extra motivation and extra incentive in playing a team that drafted him. He's definitely looking forward to playing this game. We're more than happy to have Vilma here leading our defense.''

Vilma, who was an ill fit in former coach Eric Mangini's 3-4 scheme and was traded to the Saints before the 2008 season, was one of the players we requested and were denied. ...

So this jerk from NJ did his 'revenge' story anyway...

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/09/ex-jets_linebacker_jonathan_vi.htmlQuote:
Ex-Jets linebacker Jonathan Vilma is pumped to meet old team

Turns out Saints veteran safety Darren Sharper was good for a quote or two on the conference call today with Jets beat writers. How about that?

Sharper, who was our guest after five other player requests were turned down by the Saints, gave us this little nugget about ex-Jets LB Jonathan Vilma.

``People say, `Someone's garbage is another person's treasure,'' said Sharper. ``We feel like J,V. is a treasure for us because he's a perfect fit for the style of defense we want to run. He's a guy that can get to the football, get up and down the line and is a great leader.

``I know he's going to have a little bit of extra motivation and extra incentive in playing a team that drafted him. He's definitely looking forward to playing this game. We're more than happy to have Vilma here leading our defense.''

Vilma, who was an ill fit in former coach Eric Mangini's 3-4 scheme and was traded to the Saints before the 2008 season, was one of the players we requested and were denied. ...

Sharper sounds scared...

As a New York resident, I am very much amused by this. There is a poster that depicts a map of the United States from the perspective of a New Yorker. It shows the shape of the US. but almost completely filled in with Manhattan. That is a prevailing attitude.

As far as granting media interviews is concerned, there is NO obligation for anyone to answer their questions. I was just involved with al process that was of great interest to the press and had to turn down interviews repeatedly or give ridiculously evasive answers. The press is trying to do its job, and I can appreciate that. Nonetheless, I was trying to do my job as well, and a major part of that job was to keep the information out of the press.

If the Saints don't want to be interviewed, that is their privilege as citizens. If they think it helps them focus on the game, then that's how they should proceed.

The issue of being scared is a red herring. Hutchinson is just bitter that he can't get his interviews.

"Jets LB Bart Scott said returning to New Orleans will bring back memories of Hurricane Katrina in 2006 because the Ravens were the last team to play there before Katrina hit and could've easily been stranded there"
Really good fact checking there. Bart Scott thinks he was in Katrina in 2006.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom