Are Saints Scared(*MERGED*) (1 Viewer)

domedawg

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
What an ***.

I'm been covering the Jets for 14 seasons and this is a first.

Each week, we usually get the opposing quarterback on a conference call on Wednesdays or the next high-prolife star on that team. But this week, the Saints turned down our request for five players but they finally said `yes' to safety Darren Sharper. Nevermind, guys.

What are the Saints afraid of? The big, bad New Yrok media. I can assure them that no one in our press corp is going to put on the pads on Sunday and hit anyone. Personally, I'm 5-5, 125 pounds. I'm ball-boy size, guys.

Initially, the Saints turned down our request for QB Drew Brees. Okay, sometimes the starting quarterback has a busy schedule, I'll buy that.

But then they said `no' to ex-Jets LB Jonathan Vilma and former Hofstra WR Marques Colston, two players with distinct story lines to the game.

Next, it was a thumbs down to ex-Giant TE Jeremy Shockey and RB Reggie Bush.

Unbelieveable. We don't bite, Saints.

As I said, we ended up with Sharper and personally, I'd rather them just cancel the call. I'm sure Sharper is a nice guy and all but ...

Perhaps the league needs to conduct an investigation. They seemingly investigate everything else. I'm calling this ``Conference call Gate.''...

By the way, I was given some bad information by team officials on the Vilma trade. The Jets received a fourth-round pick in 2008 (CB Dwight Lowery) and a third-round pick in 2009 (which they used to trade up to draft RB Shonn Greene) for Vilma.

Rest of the article:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/09/are_the_saints_running_scared.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The NY media can shut up and stay in NY.

The Saints are not their team and we don't owe them crap.

And in typical "the world revolves around me" NY style they assume that the lack of interviews is about them. We've been limiting interviews (with the exception of Sharper) all season to avoid over exposure and distractions.

Obviously this guy doesn't understand Payton's mantra 'Don't eat the cheese'. He is the cheese and the Saint's ain't biting.

What an ***.

I'm been covering the Jets for 14 seasons and this is a first.

Each week, we usually get the opposing quarterback on a conference call on Wednesdays or the next high-prolife star on that team. But this week, the Saints turned down our request for five players but they finally said `yes' to safety Darren Sharper. Nevermind, guys.

What are the Saints afraid of? The big, bad New Yrok media. I can assure them that no one in our press corp is going to put on the pads on Sunday and hit anyone. Personally, I'm 5-5, 125 pounds. I'm ball-boy size, guys.

Initially, the Saints turned down our request for QB Drew Brees. Okay, sometimes the starting quarterback has a busy schedule, I'll buy that.

But then they said `no' to ex-Jets LB Jonathan Vilma and former Hofstra WR Marques Colston, two players with distinct story lines to the game.

Next, it was a thumbs down to ex-Giant TE Jeremy Shockey and RB Reggie Bush.

Unbelieveable. We don't bite, Saints.

As I said, we ended up with Sharper and personally, I'd rather them just cancel the call. I'm sure Sharper is a nice guy and all but ...

Perhaps the league needs to conduct an investigation. They seemingly investigate everything else. I'm calling this ``Conference call Gate.''...

By the way, I was given some bad information by team officials on the Vilma trade. The Jets received a fourth-round pick in 2008 (CB Dwight Lowery) and a third-round pick in 2009 (which they used to trade up to draft RB Shonn Greene) for Vilma.

Wow...

Attachments

• cat-cool-story.jpg
    cat-cool-story.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 29
Scared of what????:idunno:

What exactly do you mean by "I'm been covering the Jets"????

They must have some really bad editors at NJ.com.....

And what exactly do the Saints owe the media anyway......?

Last edited:
Don't know who you are, but you might consider addressing these questions to fellow reporters who cover the Saints beat, like Jeff Duncan. We're mostly fans here. I can tell you this: Payton runs a tight ship and doesn't like a lot of media distractions. He's got his players focused on only 1 goal this season: winning a SB. He doesn't want a media circus getting in the way, as in Dallas or with players like TO and Favre. My guess is Drew's refusal to interview is something he and Payton agree on mutually. I've heard he's only doing interviews with local media during the season (and I saw one he did the other day with the local Cox sports guys--a t.v. interview after the Buffalo game where he gave credit for the win to the D and the running game). As a fan of the team, I'm personally pleased that the Saints players are not seeking personal attention or self-glorification through the media. They have a strong team concept.

of course the saints are scared - what other possible explanation could there be for not wanting to waste time during the week before a big game talking to all the second-rate "reporters" that request an interview

the saints are media darlings at the moment - everyone is climbing on the bandwagon - the team has made it clear that they are going to avoid distractions and focus on what is important - winning games - so don't flatter yourself - they are also turning down interview requests from legitimate sports journalists

to be fair, if you've been "covering" the jets for 14 years (wow - i'm impressed), i guess i can understand why you might feel abused

The OP is pasting this from somwhere else...notice he prefaces it with "what an ***."

Perhaps a link would be helpful.

Good I hope players like Brees, and Bush don't speak to the media for the rest of the season if it helps them concentrate on winning more... and lessens the distractions caused by a lot of the BS the media stirs up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom