Are Saints Scared(*MERGED*) (1 Viewer)

Ahhh....the New York media's arrogance. How dare these small market, podunk Saints turn down intervew requests with their gretaness. Who do they think they are?

Scared? No....try focused. This team is trying to prevent the hype from getting to their heads. Brees doesn't need any smoke being blown up his rear about being "the best QB in the game". He's only focused on the next game. Vilma doesn't need to talk to about a "revenge game". He's happy here and his time with the Jets is ancient history. What's Colston going to say "I enjoyed playing at Hofstra in New York and I'm happy being a Saint. That's all".

No these New York idiots just want some smack for Rex Ryan's locker room wall and the Saints aren't giving it to them....boo frickin' hoo.

What an ***.

I'm been covering the Jets for 14 seasons and this is a first.

Each week, we usually get the opposing quarterback on a conference call on Wednesdays or the next high-prolife star on that team. But this week, the Saints turned down our request for five players but they finally said `yes' to safety Darren Sharper. Nevermind, guys.

What are the Saints afraid of? The big, bad New Yrok media. I can assure them that no one in our press corp is going to put on the pads on Sunday and hit anyone. Personally, I'm 5-5, 125 pounds. I'm ball-boy size, guys.

Initially, the Saints turned down our request for QB Drew Brees. Okay, sometimes the starting quarterback has a busy schedule, I'll buy that.

But then they said `no' to ex-Jets LB Jonathan Vilma and former Hofstra WR Marques Colston, two players with distinct story lines to the game.

Next, it was a thumbs down to ex-Giant TE Jeremy Shockey and RB Reggie Bush.

Unbelieveable. We don't bite, Saints.

As I said, we ended up with Sharper and personally, I'd rather them just cancel the call. I'm sure Sharper is a nice guy and all but ...

Perhaps the league needs to conduct an investigation. They seemingly investigate everything else. I'm calling this ``Conference call Gate.''...

By the way, I was given some bad information by team officials on the Vilma trade. The Jets received a fourth-round pick in 2008 (CB Dwight Lowery) and a third-round pick in 2009 (which they used to trade up to draft RB Shonn Greene) for Vilma.

Seriously??? You have a very high opinion of yourself. The league owes you nothing and the Saints especially owe you nothing. I am sure the Pats just let you talk to whoever right? Wrong! don't get your panties in a bunch because you do not get to talk to Brees. I am sure they have their reason for not letting them talk to you and to be frank they are much more important reason than you and your silly conference call. Take who they give you and say thank you sir.

It is this out right feeling that you think you deserve to talk to whoever you want that just ****** me off.

T

Don't know who you are, but you might consider addressing these questions to fellow reporters who cover the Saints beat, like Jeff Duncan. We're mostly fans here. I can tell you this: Payton runs a tight ship and doesn't like a lot of media distractions. He's got his players focused on only 1 goal this season: winning a SB. He doesn't want a media circus getting in the way, as in Dallas or with players like TO and Favre. My guess is Drew's refusal to interview is something he and Payton agree on mutually. I've heard he's only doing interviews with local media during the season (and I saw one he did the other day with the local Cox sports guys--a t.v. interview after the Buffalo game where he gave credit for the win to the D and the running game). As a fan of the team, I'm personally pleased that the Saints players are not seeking personal attention or self-glorification through the media. They have a strong team concept.

The OP didn't write the article. It's from the NJ Star Ledger. Here is a link:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/09/are_the_saints_running_scared.html

maybe a few comments from Saints Reporters are needed to set this guy straight?

If whoever wrote this article actually got to talk to breesus, the sheer divinity of drew would make him **** his pants.

Maybe drew is sick of people crapping themselves, and that is why he wont do an interview. This guy should be happy, could have been very embarrassing for him.

I can only see this getting worse with the Giants coming in. The NY media will certainly want to hear from Shockey and I'm 1,000% sure Payton will not want him to say anything. And since Shockey hates the NY media, he probably will not want to say anything either. So get ready for more whining from the NY media.

Link pulls up a blank article for me. Did they pull it?

I was getting that too. Now who's afraid!!! LOL.

Here is the problem. A lot of media guys don't understand that everyone can read their stuff now. It's not just printed in a local paper, which the Star Ledger is. Everything is online and everyone can read it. I wonder if the editor pulled it because maybe the Saints complained? Or the NFL? Who knows. Luckily because of the OP, we have a copy of the article and not just a link.

Want News? Here you go. The world does not belong to New York. Get off the concrete and beyond your City Limit signs. You'll find a more beautiful place. Your Jets are about to be destroyed by the fly over peoples team. Who dat say gonna beat dem Saints? Did you say Jets? Yeal sure = Jet back to NY like a whipped puppy. We are bringing the heat Sunday. We ain't scared son. We are ready to just get the Jets outta the way. We are Super Bowl Bound.

I can only see this getting worse with the Giants coming in. The NY media will certainly want to hear from Shockey and I'm 1,000% sure Payton will not want him to say anything. And since Shockey hates the NY media, he probably will not want to say anything either. So get ready for more whining from the NY media.

Hah, good point. If Shockey really wants to tick them off he will just be quiet and give them no story. Of course the media will try to make his silence a story, but that's kinda boring.

Isn't that one of the papers who were more or less doing a witch hunt on Shockey a few years back ???

If I remember right they wrote a number of articles full of inuendo and half truths

I'm really happy with the way the team handles the press. Don't eat the cheese :9:

Hmmm let's see, this is NEW ORLEANS not NY, so why should the say yes to any interview with a NY affiliate? Do you think they give a rats (Mod Edit, mv) about a NY paper? Like seriously.

How about he calls one of the JETS players and talks to them, don't worry about what our players have to say. Like previously posted we do our talking on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for Payton and the team for saying no. The Saints owe them nothing! The NY media would just try to twist around anything that would be said anyways.

The OP didn't write the article. It's from the NJ Star Ledger. Here is a link:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2009/09/are_the_saints_running_scared.html

maybe a few comments from Saints Reporters are needed to set this guy straight?

Article seems to be missing. Perhaps his/her editor got wind of this dribble and made the decision to yank it.

... But I found this arrogant little blurb from another Gotham City so-called journalist regarding the same story:

Drew Brees, Jonathan Vilma and Marques Colston all declined requests to be the opposing player on tomorrow's conference call with the New York media. Dissed by three players; that has to be unprecedented. What are they afraid of?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom