Are sentaments exactly..... (1 Viewer)

Defensive linemen and offensive tackles are rare commodities where the best come in the first round.

Stinchcomb had the most trouble with speed rushers. He did well against the typical maulers that usually occupy the left end. He lacks upper body strength and definition, but his feet are solid and he mirrors well.

Sean Payton has said over and over again that he drafts for the future, not strictly by filling holes, like some of the more vocal posters call for. Therefore, if the value for the pick is there, he'll take the player -whether it be running back, offensive lineman, wide receiver, defensive tackle, corner, linebacker and so on.

If it is a position with a lot of depth, you might have trade value in a player on your roster -moving said player might net you more draft choices, to do some more manuvering.

One of the reasons why the Saints have not been successful in the draft has been reaching for players just to fill needs.

Anger is justified if Payton were to take Matt Ryan with Ellis, Dorsey or Long sitting there, but if the top players that fill needs are off the board, and one trade down, I'd rather the Saints take the BPA, than to reach to grab a cornerback that they could have gotten later on in the draft (or at least one with similar skills).

I dont think the Saints are trying to take a corner in the first that can be had "later on in the draft".....there's that "reach" word again....i'm gonna make up an article and post the link so we can all get back on the "build the defense" wagon, cause obviously we are all influenced by the media and what we read.......

I dont think the Saints are trying to take a corner in the first that can be had "later on in the draft".....there's that "reach" word again....i'm gonna make up an article and post the link so we can all get back on the "build the defense" wagon, cause obviously we are all influenced by the media and what we read.......

LOL! I try not to be... But given the play of the line at times, I UNDERSTAND the idea of drafting an offensive tackle.

I'm just one of those people who feel the only positions really worth a first rounder are offensive/defensive linemen and offensive skill position players (in general).

Obviously, there are some great linebackers and defensive backs drafted in the 1st round, but I'm much more comfortable taking them in the 2nd round -especially when you are drafting near the top.

Special teamers should be taken no earlier than the 4th.

LOL! I try not to be... But given the play of the line at times, I UNDERSTAND the idea of drafting an offensive tackle.

I'm just one of those people who feel the only positions really worth a first rounder are offensive/defensive linemen and offensive skill position players (in general).

Obviously, there are some great linebackers and defensive backs drafted in the 1st round, but I'm much more comfortable taking them in the 2nd round -especially when you are drafting near the top.

Your right, and its been proven that you build your team at the line of scrimmage on back, so if that selection is a tackle, it does make sense, but right now I dont think we will be in a position were the BPA will be an offensive player, I mean were picking #10 its not like there are gonna be slim pickings when we pick, its just that there is no clear cut choice on SR.com on who we should take so everybody on here is easily influenced because.....NONE OF US KNOW WHATS BEST FOR THE TEAM....we just think we do.

I completely agree!

I'm still holding out hope that 1 of the 2 stud DT's falls in our lap. If not, grab Clady or Gholston....hopefully one of the two are there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom