Are sentaments exactly..... (1 Viewer)

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Again, not really big news, but the more we hear it the more we all should like it...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=nfcsouth

And a sidenote I found on Whispers....

Though it would appear the Saints are settled at offensive tackle with Pro Bowler Jammal Brown and Jon Stinchcomb in place, our source in New Orleans told us not to be surprised if they select a tackle early in April’s draft. Word is, Stinchcomb is thought to be very replaceable, and his contract expires after the 2008 season.

so could the SR.com team needs be anymore different than the Saints FO? we all screaming for Defense, Defense, Defense, and apparently the Saints are trying to keep the offense ticking...ofcourse there thinking defense, but to hear rumbling about an early selection at Tackle, they could go with the BPA again, letting some defensive help go to address other needs or improvements on the team.....cant fault them for that...but I hope we dont pass up.....man I know were gonna pass up some good defensive players...but u cant win them all...

well, payton did say hes going to try his best to fill all our needs in FA so we dont have to reach for any players or trade around, so we can go BPA, so its really not suprising

I thought thats why we drafted Bushrod.

Anyone here anything about his progress?

1st smoooooooooooke screeeeeeeeeen of the season? :D

but you have to realize that a couple of these guys might not be brought back (other needs) we dont know what direction this team is going into until the draft is over, we see the free agent list and we think we know who is gonna be resigned, but what if the Saints brass want to build a dominate O-line?

Let me just say that if Payton drafts an offensive player in the first 2 rounds, I will really start to wonder if has lost it.

Let me just say that if Payton drafts an offensive player in the first 2 rounds, I will really start to wonder if has lost it.

Well you might wanna start thinking that, because he is gonna draft the way he See's fit, not the way anybody on this board thinks he should draft......I wanna say I'd be shocked if he did it also, but I'd be lying, I'll just be disappointed....but last year he clearly was looking for depth on a team he though had enough players to win...this year he See's he didn't so i kinda expect the draft to go the way we all want it to go, but there will be some offensive selections in it, thats to be expected, i mean if its your strong suit, you don't ignore it, you keep it clicking and keep mixing in pieces, same if our strong suit was on D, sure we should draft offense, but you gotta keep whats working, working....right?

I'm all for defensive this draft, but if a stud O-lineman drops and becomes a draft steal, do it. Our offensive line has improved greatly over the past two seasons, but could still be upgraded.

I agree. No i won't even have to wonder, it would be proven. Our offense is fine, with the addition of another vet WR. The offense just has to play with some consistency. We have talent there.

The defense needs dire attention! We need an infusion of young, atheletic playmakers. A stud MLB. A pass rusher. MULTIPLE CBs!!! A FS. Some coaching....

I'll hold off on that judgment until I see what free agents come. Now if the draft arrives and we still have no answer at DT, WLB, MLB, FS, and CB and he drafts an OT, then, yeah, I have to agree, I'll think he's out of his mind.

The OL is very sub-par in realtion to run-blocking, I would love to have a road grader type tackle next to Evans.

But honestly I am in the Ellis camp and would rather trade up a few spots then reach at 10. Furthermore I am for drafting all D in the first 4 rounds with the exception of Foote, and the above scenario that taking a dominant tacke in the 1st is the only way to get value.

Well, the OLine could use some tweaking, but Streif and Bushrod should be able to fill in, right? We do need to address it, but the D needs much more attention. I'm torn though. You shouldn't pass up a great OLineman.

Our "sub-par" line gave up the least amount of sacks in 07'. The run blocking scheme is not really set for an outside runner. We are use to just moving forward and Duece pushing the pile with them. Don't get me wrong, Stinchcomb is horrible in my opinion.

Our "sub-par" line gave up the least amount of sacks in 07'. The run blocking scheme is not really set for an outside runner. We are use to just moving forward and Duece pushing the pile with them. Don't get me wrong, Stinchcomb is horrible in my opinion.

We all know that a big reason for that is Brees, and as for "moving forward" - this line gets very little push besides Evans and Brown. Honestly we are loosing the battle in the trenches consistantly on both sides of the ball.

This OL is a decent passblocking line that is an extremely poor run-blocking line with a quarterback with exceptional pocket pressence.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom