Are some of you not watching the same game as I am? (1 Viewer)

GameBreaker

Underrated
Reaction score
Brees played dismal today and most of the blame should go to him. The defense played well up into the 4th quarter. Yes, FT was a liability today and maybe McKenzie should have been matched up with ocho cinco, but overall the defense played well up unto the end. But, all in all Brees cost us the game. We should have been up 21-7 at halftime and running the ball in the second half but Brees forced two passes in the endzone to prevent that. And the throw that was picked for a TD was trash. Hopefully he will bounce back next week.

st. jon's

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Brees played dismal today and most of the blame should go to him. The defense played well up into the 4th quarter. Yes, FT was a liability today and maybe McKenzie should have been matched up with ocho cinco, but overall the defense played well up unto the end. But, all in all Brees cost us the game. We should have been up 21-7 at halftime and running the ball in the second half but Brees forced two passes in the endzone to prevent that. And the throw that was picked for a TD was trash. Hopefully he will bounce back next week.
i totally agree

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I agree, too. Totally on Brees' shoulders (no pun intended.)

dat dam dog

Hall-of-Famer
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Your post is valid, but you say for a title:

"Are some of you not watching the same game as I am? "

Yes, we all saw the game you describe, most have posted so, so your title doesn't make any sense.

ddd

St. Ranger

Very Banned
Reaction score
I disagree. Brees played his butt off today. Brees had a 101 pass without an int streak end today. Before today, it was fumbles. Today, it was more than Copper's second big game-changing fumble and Drew's 3 picks. They were both in the endzone meaning the defense had to drive 80 yards to score on the first one. Thats the length of the field pretty much.

You cant blame Brees for Thomas' horrendous coverage of Chad Johnson. Furthermore, you cant blame Thomas for it either. Where were the coaches when they saw him give up to HUGE plays to him. Why wasnt MM on him the entire game?? or at least double coverage!?!?!

Basically, this game came down to 4 plays.
1. 41yd TD to Chad to open the game
2. Long TD to Chad where Thomas was smoked from the start.
3. Long bomb down to the 2 yard line then subsequent TD to Chad
4. Brees INT for TD, 2 in the endzone

All of those were unnecessary plays that surely could have been prevented. Drew may have played good and given up some points, but the defense surely didnt help him out.

CHI-TOWNSAINT

More than 15K posts served!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I agree...........

saint_brees

Reaction score
Oh, I thought you were talking about the Colts game where Manning has thrown 2 picks so far and Romo has thrown 1. Sorry, wrong game.

dat dam dog

Hall-of-Famer
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well,

"Today, it was more than Copper's second big game-changing fumble and Drew's 3 picks. They were both in the endzone meaning the defense had to drive 80 yards to score on the first one. Thats the length of the field pretty much. "

Say what?

"Basically, this game came down to 4 plays.
4. Brees INT for TD, 2 in the endzone"

How many plays?

ddd

Random Fan

Reaction score
Just because Brees has a poor game doesn't mean you overlook the problems on defense that have been glaring and consistent since about Week 4. The offense normally bails them out but the last few weeks they haven't. I guarantee you Brees has a better chance of improving his performance next week than the defense does. The Colts may or may not eek this one out in Dallas. Their average margin of victory is under seven points. Do you think if they lose this game or if they struggle down the stretch if Manning has a bad game or two they are going to look to upgrade their quarterback in the offseason?

The Colts, like the Saints, have a mediocre defense, and that's not a good thing to have in the playoffs. The people focusing on the defense are being practical. There is basically nothing the Saints can do to improve their strength at quarterback and very little they can do to improve their offense overall.

Last edited:

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, we all saw the game you describe, most have posted so, so your title doesn't make any sense.
It made sense to me because I think overall in the big picture, Brees bears the responsbility for the breakdown in the red zone. We moved the ball fairly well but we didn't score when we should have scored and made it that much harder on the D. Lots of bad mistakes were spread around; but if we score in the red zone, a lot of those mistakes are minimized instead of magnified.
I guarantee you Brees has a better chance of improving his performance next week than the defense does.
I agree. But for today, the offense made it that much harder for the D.

St. Ranger

Very Banned
Reaction score
Well,

"Today, it was more than Copper's second big game-changing fumble and Drew's 3 picks. They were both in the endzone meaning the defense had to drive 80 yards to score on the first one. Thats the length of the field pretty much. "

Say what?

"Basically, this game came down to 4 plays.
4. Brees INT for TD, 2 in the endzone"

How many plays?

ddd

im saying that at least for 2 of those turnovers they werent in our own territory.
okay 6 plays.
3 on defense and 3 on offense. Equally divided between offense and defense. All season, this offense has been carrying the defense. At some point, the defense NEEDS to help out the offense with some good field position instead of the offense having to drive the length of the field EVERY time they touch the ball.

The point is that maybe you should read between the lines instead of making a bunk retort to my comment.

I am St.R(the artist formerly known as FFSaint) and I approve this post.

Danchrism

Reaction score
It made sense to me because I think overall in the big picture, Brees bears the responsbility for the breakdown in the red zone. We moved the ball fairly well but we didn't score when we should have scored and made it that much harder on the D. Lots of bad mistakes were spread around; but if we score in the red zone, a lot of those mistakes are minimized instead of magnified. ... Today, the offense made it that much harder for the D.
And that, ladies and germs, should conclude this discussion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OutlawSaint Last night I almost quit watching the NFL and I guess Saints since they are part of it. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 58
jasonsw Wonder if Packers are doing the same thing with Davante Adams, That the Saints did with M.T. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Dan in Lafayette New Orleans Saints vs. Detroit Lions | NFL Week 4 Game Preview SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees Talks Saints Offensive Weapons, Week 4 Game Plan | Saints at Lions Week 4 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
A first for the NFL: Steelers-Titans game is postponed because of positive coronavirus tests Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dr. Sting Is it safe to say that the Lions game makes or breaks our season? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 37
Dan in Lafayette Jonathan Vilma to call his first Saints game for FOX Sports SR News Page Articles 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 29: Reactions from Saints players following Week 3 game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Second look: Where was the Saints pass rush? What about the downfield passing game? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Gentilly504 If I’m game planning against the Saints Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 40
Andrus Continued disappointment for fans, businesses after another no-fans Saints home game SR News Page Articles 0
Overreactions from the Saints Week 3 game against the Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Which QB gives the Saints the best chance to win the game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 16
Fleur-de-Links, September 28: Saints running back had a big game in loss to Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
BelowZero Would this game have been different with Winston? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 69
Does Anyone Think We Lose that Game Tonite with Normal Packed Dome of Fans? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
Saviorbrees Feel good after this game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 35
New Orleans Saints guard Andrus Peat carted off the field; out for game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints 17 Packers 13: 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints LG Andrus Peat carted off in game against Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
saintsfan777 Analysis ***Official Packers @ Saints Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2704
Sumdude34 N/S Rams currently being handed a football game....... again [UPDATE: Justice is Served!!!] Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 25
Saints vs. Packers: Game Time, TV, Radio, Online Streaming, Mobile, and Odds Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What went wrong for the Saints passing game Monday & how they can fix it Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Report: Packers' Adams to be game-time decision vs. Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Film Study: Packers run game plays right into Saints’ strengths Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Is this Drew Brees "Crossroads" game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
League issues memo reminding teams about game-day protocols Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Erik McCoy on Offensive Line Execution, Saints Game Plan| Saints vs. Packers Week 3 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
ktmoze 750 Saints Family will attend Packers Game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 22
Sean Payton: I get caught up in the game and forget about the mask Saints RSS News Feeds 0
cue180 Payton delayed trip home in order to review game film Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 73
Fleur-de-Links, September 23: More analysis of the Saints/Raiders game as Green Bay looms in the distance Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Whenever the Saints lose a Primetime Game.. They win the next Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Covington Saint There's no integrity left in the NFL game. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 77
The Saints don’t look like the Saints, as they drop Week 2 game in Las Vegas, 34-24. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 22: Fallout from the Saints’ week 2 game against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
SystemShock Last drive of the game: if you are going to give up like that, just take knees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Raiders score 24 unanswered points to top Saints in first-ever Las Vegas game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Payton post game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
mither_rome Run game early Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 29
17 all: Saints at Raiders 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Need a reminder of Drew Brees' iconic Monday Night football history? Check out his pre-game cleats Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 1 standouts Margus Hunt and Bennie Fowler III called up from practice squad for Saints vs. Raiders game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CowtownSaint Murray, Harris or TQS, Who has the Biggest Game Tonight? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 23
Saints vs. Raiders: Game Time, TV, Radio, Online Streaming, Mobile, and Odds Saints RSS News Feeds 0
cue180 Dr. Anderson might evaluate Thomas before Packers game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Bill Analysis ***Official Saints @ Raiders Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2495
Fleur-de-Links, September 21: Injury reports and betting odds heading into Saints Monday Night Football game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Taker597 Lions may be inbound on a 12 game losing streak. *Trap Game Alert* Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6