Are some of you not watching the same game as I am? (1 Viewer)

GameBreaker

Underrated
Reaction score
Brees played dismal today and most of the blame should go to him. The defense played well up into the 4th quarter. Yes, FT was a liability today and maybe McKenzie should have been matched up with ocho cinco, but overall the defense played well up unto the end. But, all in all Brees cost us the game. We should have been up 21-7 at halftime and running the ball in the second half but Brees forced two passes in the endzone to prevent that. And the throw that was picked for a TD was trash. Hopefully he will bounce back next week.

Brees played dismal today and most of the blame should go to him. The defense played well up into the 4th quarter. Yes, FT was a liability today and maybe McKenzie should have been matched up with ocho cinco, but overall the defense played well up unto the end. But, all in all Brees cost us the game. We should have been up 21-7 at halftime and running the ball in the second half but Brees forced two passes in the endzone to prevent that. And the throw that was picked for a TD was trash. Hopefully he will bounce back next week.

i totally agree

I agree, too. Totally on Brees' shoulders (no pun intended.)

Your post is valid, but you say for a title:

"Are some of you not watching the same game as I am? "

Yes, we all saw the game you describe, most have posted so, so your title doesn't make any sense.

ddd

I disagree. Brees played his butt off today. Brees had a 101 pass without an int streak end today. Before today, it was fumbles. Today, it was more than Copper's second big game-changing fumble and Drew's 3 picks. They were both in the endzone meaning the defense had to drive 80 yards to score on the first one. Thats the length of the field pretty much.

You cant blame Brees for Thomas' horrendous coverage of Chad Johnson. Furthermore, you cant blame Thomas for it either. Where were the coaches when they saw him give up to HUGE plays to him. Why wasnt MM on him the entire game?? or at least double coverage!?!?!

Basically, this game came down to 4 plays.
1. 41yd TD to Chad to open the game
2. Long TD to Chad where Thomas was smoked from the start.
3. Long bomb down to the 2 yard line then subsequent TD to Chad
4. Brees INT for TD, 2 in the endzone

All of those were unnecessary plays that surely could have been prevented. Drew may have played good and given up some points, but the defense surely didnt help him out.

I agree...........

Oh, I thought you were talking about the Colts game where Manning has thrown 2 picks so far and Romo has thrown 1. Sorry, wrong game.

Well,

"Today, it was more than Copper's second big game-changing fumble and Drew's 3 picks. They were both in the endzone meaning the defense had to drive 80 yards to score on the first one. Thats the length of the field pretty much. "

Say what?

"Basically, this game came down to 4 plays.
4. Brees INT for TD, 2 in the endzone"

How many plays?

ddd

Just because Brees has a poor game doesn't mean you overlook the problems on defense that have been glaring and consistent since about Week 4. The offense normally bails them out but the last few weeks they haven't. I guarantee you Brees has a better chance of improving his performance next week than the defense does. The Colts may or may not eek this one out in Dallas. Their average margin of victory is under seven points. Do you think if they lose this game or if they struggle down the stretch if Manning has a bad game or two they are going to look to upgrade their quarterback in the offseason?

The Colts, like the Saints, have a mediocre defense, and that's not a good thing to have in the playoffs. The people focusing on the defense are being practical. There is basically nothing the Saints can do to improve their strength at quarterback and very little they can do to improve their offense overall.

Last edited:
Yes, we all saw the game you describe, most have posted so, so your title doesn't make any sense.
It made sense to me because I think overall in the big picture, Brees bears the responsbility for the breakdown in the red zone. We moved the ball fairly well but we didn't score when we should have scored and made it that much harder on the D. Lots of bad mistakes were spread around; but if we score in the red zone, a lot of those mistakes are minimized instead of magnified.
I guarantee you Brees has a better chance of improving his performance next week than the defense does.
I agree. But for today, the offense made it that much harder for the D.

Well,

"Today, it was more than Copper's second big game-changing fumble and Drew's 3 picks. They were both in the endzone meaning the defense had to drive 80 yards to score on the first one. Thats the length of the field pretty much. "

Say what?

"Basically, this game came down to 4 plays.
4. Brees INT for TD, 2 in the endzone"

How many plays?

ddd

im saying that at least for 2 of those turnovers they werent in our own territory.
okay 6 plays.
3 on defense and 3 on offense. Equally divided between offense and defense. All season, this offense has been carrying the defense. At some point, the defense NEEDS to help out the offense with some good field position instead of the offense having to drive the length of the field EVERY time they touch the ball.

The point is that maybe you should read between the lines instead of making a bunk retort to my comment.

I am St.R(the artist formerly known as FFSaint) and I approve this post.

It made sense to me because I think overall in the big picture, Brees bears the responsbility for the breakdown in the red zone. We moved the ball fairly well but we didn't score when we should have scored and made it that much harder on the D. Lots of bad mistakes were spread around; but if we score in the red zone, a lot of those mistakes are minimized instead of magnified. ... Today, the offense made it that much harder for the D.

And that, ladies and germs, should conclude this discussion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom