Are the 2021 Jets the Worst Team Since the 0-16 Lions? (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
Due to various bets, I've watched parts of every Jets game this season. Maybe I'm being hyperbolic, but they look as inept as any team I've seen since the 0-16 Lions. It's to the point where I don't understand how any team can be that bad. New coach, new QB, and they only get worse while Sam Darnold turns into a possible probowler.

Vegas can't set the lines high enough for them to cover. I really feel bad for that fanbase. It's the same thing every year. Makes you thankful for what we have.

It's rough. Worst record since 2017 and they constantly draft top 5. At some point... If they aren't going to invest in better scouts and coaches. I can't feel sorry for them.

We saw this happening day one when they hired Adam Gase.

I saw a few clips from their game and I wonder if the Jets lineman actively hate Wilson. It almost looked like they intentionally let him get blown up.

I saw a few clips from their game and I wonder if the Jets lineman actively hate Wilson. It almost looked like they intentionally let him get blown up.
I think that team is just that bad. Same with Giants O-Line its a turnstile for opposing teams.

Did you see that 12-year-old kid breaking down one play on all 22? One lineman being bulldozed, another holding, defender running free up the gut, two guys staring at each other, and one guy blocking another o lineman. Was so funny.

Reminds me of what Browns fans have suffered for so long. I feel for Jets fans. And Detroit fans. They know what suffering is like. Some of those fans stuck with it, which is something I respect. As a Saints fan I can relate.

When was the last time the Browns won a championship? Was it 1964 with Jim Brown? I can't remember.

Mucho respect for fans that stick with their teams through a lifetime of misery.

Vegas can't set the lines high enough for them to cover.

I love watching things like this transpire (although I'm referring to the opposite issue....when Vegas just can't quite set the lines high enough)......particularly if I can at least sometimes benefit from it myself. Obviously it can't, and doesn't, last forever.....but it's fun to see how long it can go.

A few examples that come to mind.......remember that 2011 Wisconsin team with Russell Wilson? They were like that for a solid portion of that season. Same with the 2011 Saints in the Dome. When late November rolled around, if you saw the Saints with a point spread of anything less than -14 in the Dome (none of the spreads actually got that high, obviously.....the playoff game against Detroit reached -10.5)....regardless of opponent.... you took it and had a steak dinner sometime later. I would say that was aided by the fact that once late November rolled around, the Saints played 4 out of 5 home games at night in primetime. They went 9-0 Against The Spread that season at home, and only won by less than 2 TDs twice (Houston by 7, TB by 11).

Another Saints example would be Teddy's 5 game stretch in 2019. There was also Dallas in 2016.......it took a while for Vegas to know what to make of Dak, I guess. I didn't bet on them much, but I remember them pumping out one cover after another for a while.

Due to various bets, I've watched parts of every Jets game this season. Maybe I'm being hyperbolic, but they look as inept as any team I've seen since the 0-16 Lions. It's to the point where I don't understand how any team can be that bad. New coach, new QB, and they only get worse while Sam Darnold turns into a possible probowler.

Vegas can't set the lines high enough for them to cover. I really feel bad for that fanbase. It's the same thing every year. Makes you thankful for what we have.
I think they are that inept, yes.

Kinda surprising as I thought with Saleh they would be like what we are seeing out of the Lions and Dan Campbell. An undermanned team that gives you hell and keeps fighting and is competitive.

But this product they are putting out on the field is a complete joke.

Worst offense possibly in the history of the NFL through 3 games.

You’re completely overlooking the Browns that were doing 1 in a billion losing streak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom