Are the Bengals still looking at a dt? (1 Viewer)

Not totally discounting the idea that they are considering him as potentially dropping to 2nd round.

Don't put too much into the fact that they are bringing him in for a medical. You're allowed 30 visits by potential draftees.

They could be "lulling us to sleep" in order to keep us from trading in front of them.

We should hope that Kelly's physical goes well. If this isn't a smokescreen, this could make them a candidate for trading back. Well, either that or pulling the '2008 Ted Ginn pick'. :hihi:

I've been thinking maybe they'll draft Derrick Harvey over Sedrick Ellis. They have greater needs at DE than DT. Branden Albert could also be a good pick for the Bengals.

Last edited:
There are going to be a couple of picks that shock us, there always are, its just that usually its not in a good way. Normally its someone jumping just ahead of us to take a guy we covet, maybe this year Cinci takes someone crazy and lets Ellis slip by. Couldnt they also use some help at O line?

Cincy doesn't want us to jump in front of them if S.E is available at 7 r 8 . You're right its a smokescreen .

Cincy doesn't want us to jump in front of them if S.E is available at 7 r 8 . You're right its a smokescreen .

That's what it seems like!

But with the uncertainty of "Ocho Cinco" and Housh being only a #2...there could be some legs to it.

That would make no sense. Cincy has a much bigger need at DT then for a 3rd WR.

It's probably a smoke screen. They tried to trade for Shaun Rogers and Corey Williams. Now all of a sudden they don't want a DT? I bet they want the Saints to believe they won't take Ellis so we don't try to trade up for him.

That would make no sense. Cincy has a much bigger need at DT then for a 3rd WR.

It has legs with the way the CJ thing is going.

But I agree, I think its more of a 'the Bengals doubt a DT will fall to them' thing than a 'the Bengals will take WR over DT' thing....in fact, I'd bet money on it. I could see them going Gholston (if he dropped) or Harvery over a DT but not a WR.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom