Are the Bengals still looking at a dt? (1 Viewer)

Probably a smokescreen, but maybe they are covering their rears for when we steal GD or SE right in front of them, because they thought they could just sit pat.

Besides, with both Ocho and TJ Whozyamamma unhappy with their contracts, they need a fallback plan. And cutting C. Henry.

Last edited:
Probably a smokescreen, but maybe they are covering their rears for when we steal GD or SE right in front of them, because they thought they could just sit pat.

Besides, with both Ocho and TJ Whozyamamma unhappy with their contracts, they need a fallback plan. And cutting C. Henry.

plus with justin smith leaving derrick harvey could be a possibility too.

the bengals have needs everywhere, they would do better by just trading for other picks.

plus with justin smith leaving derrick harvey could be a possibility too.

the bengals have needs everywhere, they would do better by just trading for other picks.

I imagine the Bungles are wishing that RunDMC falls to 9th even more than we are pulling for GD or SE to fall to us. Getting the Cowpatties 2 1st would help them way more than GD or SE.

Guess them changing to stripes on their unis was prophetic. The inmates are running dey institution into da ground.

WHO DEY! WHO DEY! ;)

IMHO...If Ellis is at #9 then they go with him. If he is not then they consider trading down for a WR.

If they don't plan to draft Ellis, then some other team will leapfrog past us to do it. We need to go up to New England or Baltimore's spot to get him.

If they don't plan to draft Ellis, then some other team will leapfrog past us to do it. We need to go up to New England or Baltimore's spot to get him.

Yep, the Saints are going to have to move up to get him.

Dorsey at 3 to ATL and Ellis at to KC... pull out your draft value chart...

Yeah, I got the feeling neither lasts past KC @ 5. And as much as we want either of them, I don't see us mortgaging the farm to move up to 5 or so.

At most, maybe Stinch and a very late round pick, or if Will Smith's contract negotiations go to heck, maybe, and that possibility is so slim, it makes Paris Hilton look fat. ;)

It's beginning to look more and more like we are going to be trying to move back.

Yeah, I got the feeling neither lasts past KC @ 5. And as much as we want either of them, I don't see us mortgaging the farm to move up to 5 or so.

At most, maybe Stinch and a very late round pick, or if Will Smith's contract negotiations go to heck, maybe, and that possibility is so slim, it makes Paris Hilton look fat. ;)

It's beginning to look more and more like we are going to be trying to move back.

For the life of me I can't see KC picking a DT in that spot when they need a OT sooooo Badly. They've got a ton of money in their RB and no one to block for him. Their best defense has been running people into the ground and I don't see that changing.

Regardless, I don't see either DT dropping to us at 10 (Atl is the key...if they take ryan, there's a shot, but not even they can be that stupid IMHO)

The Bengals are just as likely to trade up as us to get a DT. They've made no secret that its a huge need for them. They've already had two trades fall through this offseason.

Taking a WR instead of Ellis certainly wouldn't fit the idea of BPA. Plus, they're like the Saints. They lose because of their defense.

They're covering their bases in case Ellis is gone. They can trade down a few spots and take Kelley, especially if Ocho is traded.

I wouldn't put too much into this. They have to put in their work just like everyone else. Even if Ellis the very high on their board there is no guarantee he'll be there. Plus they have to prepare for the possibility of trading down (hey they could probably get us to trade up a spot for Ellis if it came down to that.)

That would make no sense. Cincy has a much bigger need at DT then for a 3rd WR.

especially kelly with two banged up knees , i wouldnt be shocked if he slipped out of the first round , he would have bad value at 9 also.

The Bengals had one person with over 100 tackles last year on now he's gone, Landon Johnson. The second leading tackler last year was Dhani Jones, who we cut. The Most Sacks on the Team was 3.5, which is a joke.

They are in the same position as us, Best Defensive Player on the Board, expect no CB because of the Leon Hall pick last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom