Are the bodies of two construction workers still in the rubble of the Hard Rock in New Orleans? (1 Viewer)

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I just saw a video in which this was claimed to be the case. Can anyone corroborate?

This raises so many questions. Is there a plan? This happened so long ago that I would have thought a plan would've been put into place and acted upon.

Yea man,so did everyone else in the area. China can build a hospital in 10 days or whatever and we cant bring down a building thats already halfway down,4 months after the fact. As much as I love this city,in some ways its like a 3rd world country.

This raises so many questions. Is there a plan? This happened so long ago that I would have thought a plan would've been put into place and acted upon.

Yeah, for sure. I don't understand what's taking so long. I mean, I get the sensitivity with the dead bodies, but if they can't be safely retrieved, then they need to go ahead and complete demo until it's safe to go in and recover the bodies. It's not that hard is it?

I thought the bodies would be down and the building would've been demoed by Thanksgiving. I was counting the time to deal with the building in weeks.

Shows what I know. That thing might still be up in a year from now.

Dis is Downright Disrespektfuwl

and it is also unconscionable to leave exposed bodies. i understand there is careful engineering that may need to be done but for pete's sake DO IT

I heard this on WWL a few weeks back. A rescue team was sent,but the extraction was considered too dangerous. One mistake could cause
the entire structure to fall to the ground below.

I heard this on WWL a few weeks back. A rescue team was sent,but the extraction was considered too dangerous. One mistake could cause
the entire structure to fall to the ground below.

This.

There are a number of issues.

1. It's insanely dangerous and sending a rescue team in to recover the bodies has a pretty large likelihood of resulting in more dead people trapped inside.

2. Blame has, as yet, not been determined. If the building were to collapse and create a spoliation of evidence it could result in nobody ever being held to account for the design, construction or management issue that led to the collapse and resulting death.

3. Due to the historic nature and value of adjacent structures, the demolition is extremely dangerous and fraught with risk.

It may seem like nobody cares and nothing is being done, but I don't see it that way. of course, I am not serving as expert in any capacity on this job so I don't know the facts. Just an experienced guess.

the plan has gone back and forth. Demo then they were going to take it down a little at a time. Now back to demo. Last I heard mid March but that probably means at least April.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom