Are The Broncos The Last Team Brees Needs To Beat (1 Viewer)

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Nah, it's the Ravens. Most likely, he'll have just one more chance at the Blackbirds, in 2018, before he retires.

Drew beat the Broncos at least once as a Charger but still hasn't in a Saints uniform. And overall, we haven't beaten Denver since 1994.

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Zztop

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I think he beat Denver when he was with SD (edit: yep, back in 2004). Just checked the stats, the saints have lost 4 in a row against Denver. The last win was back in 1994. The closest Drew came to winning was in 2008 (the score was 34-32)

The Saints have lost against the Ravens in 2006, 2010 and 2014. In 2014 the Ravens game was the only one I was interested in that year. That win would have been a small silver lining to that dismal season. Now he has to wait until 2018 or something. I don't think post season, playoff wins count, but not really sure.

B-Train

The West Bank's Favorite Son
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nah, it's the Ravens. Most likely, he'll have just one more chance at the Blackbirds, in 2018, before he retires.

Drew beat the Broncos at least once as a Charger but still hasn't in a Saints uniform. And overall, we haven't beaten Denver since 1994.
Well. I'd say we are overdue.

robsmith32

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, of course Brady has never beaten the Patriots, and Roethlisberger has never beaten the Steelers. That table should take such things into account. Who would have thought that Kerry Collins would have beaten 31 teams, though? Very interesting.
granted Kerry "tom" collins wasn't the greatest here, became alcoholic.
but that doesn't mean he wasn't a good qb.. Payton had that cat slinging the ball for the Giants.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
granted Kerry "tom" collins wasn't the greatest here, became alcoholic.
but that doesn't mean he wasn't a good qb.. Payton had that cat slinging the ball for the Giants.
That's guy had so much potential. It's a shame we didn't have a system in place to correct his issues, and tap that potential.

I remember his first game here (I believe) was a prime time game vs the 49ers, and he was on. He was going shot for shot with Steve Young, and (living in the Bay Area at the time) watching that game at some 9er fans house thinking we might actually have ourselves a qb. Glad he cleaned himself up before he retired.

Jvititoe

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I'm sure playoff wins would count, but we'd have to face them in the Superbowl since they're in the AFC

it doesnt.

regular season and playoffs are always separate for all historical stat categories.

montana never beat the phins except in the SB and he is not counted as beatings every team.

*EDIT*
according to that list on PFF he had beaten all 28 teams at the time, but he is never mentioned by the NFL as having beat every team.

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
It's, errr, ummm... that team that stole the old Cleveland Browns' franchise before the Browns sued to retain the name.

:gosaints:

Footnote: It would have been nice had Drew gotten a "W" vs. the Ravens while Ray Ray was still there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom