Are the Carolina Players Losing Confidence in Cam Newton Cause They Know He's a Wuss? (1 Viewer)

He maybe a knuckle head on the field but I have tremendous amount of respect for his community involvement and also with his generosity towards the youths in his area.

Unless everything is going his way, Newton lacks courage and toughness. Who Dats, do you think Newton may have run his course in Carolina? Thanks all!
I know he's had some immature moments but idk if a QB with the same amount of comeback victories as Aaron Rodgers lacks courage and toughness...

Your comments make me believe RIvera lost that locker room last year
He lost it by playing an obviously hurt Cam and not going to the back up sooner. Most fans felt like the D could have protected the O.

I know he's had some immature moments but idk if a QB with the same amount of comeback victories as Aaron Rodgers lacks courage and toughness...
He actually has one more than AR - 15 vs 14. But to put that in perspective, Drew has 34 and Tony Romo has 24. So this number is more about AR not being very proficient at 4Q comebacks than CN being good at it.

And I AM surprised that Rogers is that far down the list.

He actually has one more than AR - 15 vs 14. But to put that in perspective, Drew has 34 and Tony Romo has 24. So this number is more about AR not being very proficient at 4Q comebacks than CN being good at it.

Rodgers only makes plays on primetime games

Yeah it does say more about Rodgers than Cam since Dalton and Wilson are on the same pace has him and all came into the league a year apart. Its still something the media would never pump out to the masses so that Rodgers can be propped up on a pedestal.

I am not. He has been over hyped for years. He is a gifted athlete, no question. That does not make a great quarterback.

Last edited:
I've gotta say...it's really a shame Carolina wasted his talent and allowed him to go straight diva/drag queen. It's like they just thought his physical prowess, running ability at 6'6" and his arm strength were so good that he didn't need any coaching (or he thought he was so good that he didn't need any coaching). The Panthers literally have wasted Newton thus far and if they ever correct his throwing motion and all of which makes him a crappy pocket passer, it'd be so far to the end of his career that he'd only have a couple seasons considering the beating he's taken being the running QB he's been. I'd love to have seen what he'd have been capable of if he were coachable - in another division.

Removing his ability to run due too his nagging injury exposed the sub-par passer everyone already kind of knew he was. His passing mechanics are settled in at this point so teaching him to adjust them is unlikely, if not impossible.

The good news is there’s a collective imprudence among Carolina fans when it comes to Newton and they just adore him. He’s not going anywhere any time soon and that’s wonderful.

Having faith in your QB is one of the most important factors in all of football. Teams need to have faith in their QB and they need to have his back. Players don't have to like the QB but they need to respect him. They need to know that their QB is willing do put in the work and do everything he can to help the team win.

I don't think that's the case in Carolina. Can you imagine being an O Lineman and you're battling every play, playing through pain, and being asked to protect a QB who wouldn't even dive on a loose ball in the Super Bowl? It has to be hard to stay motivated when you're playing with a QB like that. Can you imagine being a receiver working hard to get open and having Cam throw the ball 10 feet over you head? It would be hard to give maximum effort on every down with a QB like that.

Personally I hope Cam plays his entire career in Carolina.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom