Are the Carolina Players Losing Confidence in Cam Newton Cause They Know He's a Wuss? (1 Viewer)

I live near Charlotte. Most of the Carolina fans think Cam is awesome and don’t understand why other fans think so little of him.

I gotta say, I thoroughly enjoyed that SB. The disbelieving comments from my friends as far as Carolina’s play were a comedic goldmine.

We all saw the disgraceful play in the SB when Newton just stood at watched the fumble without any effort to go after it. We all saw what a scared weasel he was after Wade Phillips had his team rough him up in the SB and 1st game of the following year. His teammates saw him play act every injury he had last year like it was an Oscar level performance.

Do you Who Dats think his teammates are tired of his show-boat antics and clear wussiness. Unless everything is going his way, Newton lacks courage and toughness. Who Dats, do you think Newton may have run his course in Carolina? Thanks all!
He has zero leadership qualities. He's been in the league for 8 years. There is no "He needs to mature" line to fall back on. He is what he is at this point.
He does not possess above average intelligence, which is a prerequisite in today's game. guys who rely on athleticism too much get dealt with.
His mechanics have never improved either. He's under 60% completion for his career and is increasingly injured.

He is good at doing things that improve his image, like giving footballs to kids, but that doesn't cut it when guys are making decisions on where to play.

I live near Charlotte. Most of the Carolina fans think Cam is awesome and don’t understand why other fans think so little of him.

They'll never admit but they know damn good and well why other fans think so little of him. What other franchise QB comes to the podium dressed like he just stepped out of a cartoon? What other franchise QB takes a knee in the huddle and slowly, dramatically stands up likes it's taking all of his strength and courage just to stand up after calling the play? What other franchise QB milks it like him? What other franchise QB sits alone on the bench with a towel wrapped around his head sulking like a 3 year old after being told they can't have candy?

In a league of self absorbed, "Look at Me!", players Cam Newton stands alone at the top Me First Mountain. He spends more time watching himself on the jumbotron than he does looking at the Microsoft pad on the sideline. I've never seen a player in any sport more thirsty for attention. And yes, that's including LeBron.

He has zero leadership qualities. He's been in the league for 8 years. There is no "He needs to mature" line to fall back on. He is what he is at this point.
He does not possess above average intelligence, which is a prerequisite in today's game. guys who rely on athleticism too much get dealt with.
His mechanics have never improved either. He's under 60% completion for his career and is increasingly injured.

He is good at doing things that improve his image, like giving footballs to kids, but that doesn't cut it when guys are making decisions on where to play.
While these things are true to varying degrees the scheme and having quality wr get open plays a role in completion percentage. Turner schemed a more efficient offense and by no coincidence Cams percentages went up.

Goff for example was unplayable before mcvay showed up and with Mcvay calling most of the reads and audible for Goff, he became an MVP candidate in a season and a half. Mcvay is scheming guys like Robert woods open for days when he was previously looked at as a scrub. IMO you could throw Goff in that tight window and long developing play offense that Shula ran for Cam and Goffs numbers would dip back down again.

What other franchise QB takes a knee in the huddle and slowly, dramatically stands up likes it's taking all of his strength and courage just to stand up after calling the play? What other franchise QB milks it like him? What other franchise QB sits alone on the bench with a towel wrapped around his head sulking like a 3 year old after being told they can't have candy?

In a league of self absorbed, "Look at Me!", players Cam Newton stands alone at the top Me First Mountain. He spends more time watching himself on the jumbotron than he does looking at the Microsoft pad on the sideline. I've never seen a player in any sport more thirsty for attention. And yes, that's including LeBron.

Good Morning Drago- really like your points above. As others have stated in this thread, the banged-up O-linemen getting more banged up each play in the trenches have to wait for Cam to go through his Academy Award injury knee poses while the O-linemen have to wait for Cam's showboat antics.

Good Morning Drago- really like your points above. As others have stated in this thread, the banged-up O-linemen getting more banged up each play in the trenches have to wait for Cam to go through his Academy Award injury knee poses while the O-linemen have to wait for Cam's showboat antics.

It's absurd. Have some pride. Players all over the league are playing through all types of injuries but you would never know it because they never show it. But Cam wants everyone to know that he's hurt for two reasons:

1. It gives him an excuse if things don't go well. He's the biggest front runner I've seen since Mike Tyson. When things are going well you'll notice that Cam is never hurt. He's running around doing Superman poses and stuff. But when things aren't looking great all of the sudden he's pulling up lame.

2. He looks like a hero if they somehow pull off the victory. Heroic Cam playing through the pain to lead his team to victory! He could barely stand up to break the huddle but he fought through it with courage, grit, and determination.

It's a win/win for him. He's either a hero or it wasn't his fault.

It's nothing a simple case of blue orbs can't fix. Cam will be a new man soon. :ROFLMAO:

I know he's had some immature moments but idk if a QB with the same amount of comeback victories as Aaron Rodgers lacks courage and toughness...

I know this thread is about Scam Newton, but Aaron Rodgers is the absolute most over rated QB in the league. The media loves a big arm, and they perpetuate that Greatest of all time myth about Aaron Rodgers. Watch a game and count the errant throws and you'll wonder what the fuss is all about. He's no Drew Brees (or Joe Montana). Seriously, there have been several games where I thought Drew had a bad game, but his stats were excellent. Drew is just so good, that you remember every pass that misses. When I watch other games, I notice that other QB's are just going to miss some throws, that's how it is. And no one notices cause it's normal. But I freak every time Drew misses a pass because it's out of the ordinary.

While these things are true to varying degrees the scheme and having quality wr get open plays a role in completion percentage. Turner schemed a more efficient offense and by no coincidence Cams percentages went up.

Goff for example was unplayable before mcvay showed up and with Mcvay calling most of the reads and audible for Goff, he became an MVP candidate in a season and a half. Mcvay is scheming guys like Robert woods open for days when he was previously looked at as a scrub. IMO you could throw Goff in that tight window and long developing play offense that Shula ran for Cam and Goffs numbers would dip back down again.
Yeah to McCaffery in the flats. Most throws downfield were high.

We all saw the disgraceful play in the SB when Newton just stood at watched the fumble without any effort to go after it. We all saw what a scared weasel he was after Wade Phillips had his team rough him up in the SB and 1st game of the following year. His teammates saw him play act every injury he had last year like it was an Oscar level performance.

Do you Who Dats think his teammates are tired of his show-boat antics and clear wussiness. Unless everything is going his way, Newton lacks courage and toughness. Who Dats, do you think Newton may have run his course in Carolina? Thanks all!

I think the Panthers have come to terms with Cam's immaturity, realizing that despite his physical skills, his character growth peaked in high school. Watching one's 'leader' pout and rave like an infant is a vision one just cannot forget.

Don't care for Newton or his antics. But, I wouldn't put him in the wuss category. He does wimp out sometimes, yet he also shows fierce determination at other times. He played with a bum shoulder last year and tried to gut it out.

Before the injury, I feared that Norv would fix Cam's throws and he really did improve. And Norv put him in better situations. But that coaching staff played a hurt Newton too long and they are going to cut McCaffery's career short if they keep overusing him.

I think the Panthers have come to terms with Cam's immaturity, realizing that despite his physical skills, his character growth peaked in high school. Watching one's 'leader' pout and rave like an infant is a vision one just cannot forget.

I think you bingoed here shaihulud. I think you are spot-on. I love the work he does for kids and they all seem to light-up like Christmas trees when Cam is around.

There may not have been a more physically talented QB than Newton. When he is having "on"years, his teammates seem to respond well to him. He just seems so immature, more like a 12 year old than a seasoned pro QB. Again, think you are right about Newton's main issue being lack of maturity. In the old NFL, even 10 to 2o years ago, Defensive players would have brutalized Cam for his childish antics.

Yeah to McCaffery in the flats. Most throws downfield were high.
Brady's been eating off these throws for years. We can't say he needs to make the smart play and then when its made nitpick and say well his % only increased because he threw dump downs.

The only thing I never get is why Cam's critiqued different than other Qbs(albeit this is how he won the MVP). A few season ago him, Rivers and Brady completed the highest percentage of throws 10-20 ft(intermediate) and most people still said he had to improve intermediate throws....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom