N/S Are the NFL voters really going to give Brady the MVP? (1 Viewer)

The Mad Dog is one of several that have slipped through the cracks over the years.

Perhaps for similar reasons to Jim Marshall with the sloppy SB win and the fail against the Jets.

Chuck Howley is another LBer from the era that is surprisingly missing from the HoF
Marshall's problem was he was dominated by bigger and stronger O-linemen in the Vikings 4 SB losses. The last one
was especially bad. The Raiders Art Shell goosed him with the stat line of 0 tackles 0 sacks and 0 assists.

I think this would be the year to vote in a non-QB.

The Rams offense would almost completely disappear without Kupp, who would be my actual vote if I mattered.

If we're making the MVP a QB only award, I'd prefer to see Burrow. I don't care about stats ... the BENGALS(!) are in the playoffs.

The Bengals. Someone on that teams needs an MVP. QB, Coach, the first born son that was sacrificed to Satan. Someone.
Joe Mixon was a beast this year also !

The Mad Dog is one of several that have slipped through the cracks over the years.

Perhaps for similar reasons to Jim Marshall with the sloppy SB win and the fail against the Jets.

Chuck Howley is another LBer from the era that is surprisingly missing from the HoF
Chuck Howley isn't in the Hall?!

Why not. Heck make a trophy for both of em and let em argue over whose is better.

Jonathan Taylor would have been a good choice if the Colts had made the playoffs.
Absolutely. The Colts somehow managed to piss away one of the best seasons for a rb. He had like 500 yards more rushing than the next guy and had just under 2,200 all purpose yards.

That said, for a non-qb, I'd go with Kupp. Take Kupp out of the Rams offense and they wouldn't sniff a winning season imo.

The AP version of the award doesnt really interest me. It certainly hasnt conducted itself well over previous years with its limited selection of voters.
Same for me with the pro bowl. That’s a joke imo.

To be fair, if Drew had come back this year and put up the numbers that Brady did and they awarded MVP to Rodgers we’d burn the place to the ground

To be fair, if Drew had come back this year and put up the numbers that Brady did and they awarded MVP to Rodgers we’d burn the place to the ground
True, but if Drew did what Brady's doing now, we'd be the 1 seed with the defense we have. Drew would be MVP imho because he hasn't gotten 1 yet. He should have won it in either 2009 or 2011, but others were having career years while Drew was having a typical year for him.

That said, between Rodgers and Brady, I think you have to give it to Rodgers because the Packers finished with the best record in the NFL and I think he should edge Brady out.

A good case can be made for Brady too though. Outside the losses to the Saints, Brady was on fire much of the season.

It's weird the we were 3-0 vs Brady and Rodgers this season. Those injuries during the losing streak were brutal, especially Kamara.

So many what ifs this season, ugh.

I think Brady gets the MVP.
They'll probably be enough voters angry at Rogers for his vaccination status to give Tom the award.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom