Unverified Are the Saints really getting two drafts picks for trading Ceedee Gardner-Johnson? (1 Viewer)

I saw Ed Daniels, whom I have great respect for, report that the Saints are getting two drafts picks for the trade of Ceedee Gardener-Johnson. Is this accurate?
Arch, I had forgotten about the 2nd pick too, you now have a friend to sit with you in the back of the class:
1679778612216.jpeg

When we traded up for Davenport, it's "we only 'traded' one pick." But when it goes the other way we "get two picks!"

It’s normally the other way around. Everyone who complains about Davenport, always states that we gave up 2 First Round picks to get him.

That makes two! Only question is will either one make the roster. I’ll go with probably not.
But but. Draft capital. But but the Saints trade up and give away draft capital

THIS is the point. When you trade up you plan on getting a good player while giving up two marginal players one of whom probably won’t make the team

Keep trading UP Mickey. Yes I know it does not always work out but the odds of IMPROVING your team is better

It's really easy to admit it was a good trade and has been since day 1.
Yup. Like next season, most just werent ready to admit this wasnt a championship team and ceedy wasnt changing that.

Yup. Like next season, most just werent ready to admit this wasnt a championship team and ceedy wasnt changing that.

That and the fact there was Zero market for him. Listening to NFL radio months ago they were discussing it. Teams knew we weren't re-signing him and had drafted his replacement in Taylor. When he started to act up and they had to cut bait, there was only 1 trade option.

I really like the potential players available with that 5th this season or if they decide to use it to move up in the 3rd/4th, even better since there are better players there.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom