Are the Saints the best organization in the NFL? (1 Viewer)

Using wins over the last 4 years as the main metric, we are certainly in the top 2-3.

CSP is second to none as a coach. Super Bowls do not reflect accurately.
I disagree. We can’t win the big game despite having the edge in talent most of the time. Even when we won the Super Bowl Minnesota beat the pants off us in our own dome. If not for them shooting themselves in the foot time and time again we would have lost that game too. That’s all about coaching.

The Saints are definitely one of the best run organizations in Football. Payton always speaks on vision when he speaks about players and their skillset and it appears in terms of the front office this is where it starts in terms of executing that vision.

The Saints are definitely one of the best run organizations in Football. Payton always speaks on vision when he speaks about players and their skillset and it appears in terms of the front office this is where it starts in terms of executing that vision.
Best organization is nice subjective message board discussion, but I’ll take the Patriots results last decade over the Saints anytime.

Thus far, the post Brees transition is really going well but at some point you need more than 1 Super Bowl appearance in 15 year era to claim best organization.

Best organization is nice subjective message board discussion, but I’ll take the Patriots results last decade over the Saints anytime.

Thus far, the post Brees transition is really going well but at some point you need more than 1 Super Bowl appearance in 15 year era to claim best organization.
I thought about this looking at some of the responses. I do think that you have to specify a window of time so that everyone is talking about either apples or oranges . My post on the first page is in regards to right now, and would not go back further than the Ireland addition. I agree with you on the Pats but it was while the BB/TB marriage was still at least half way functional. Another way to state the idea that is my interpretation of the OP, what staff, from GM and scouts down to assistant position coaches would you trade with the same group from the Saints organization right now? That answer for me is not one of them.

edit: include owner because we all know how disfunctional some of those make an organization

I think when you have an elite QB for so many years and you have to keep kicking the can down the road with their salary so much, it’s expected that you have a down year and lose other talent when you finally go separate ways. To field a team capable of what they did Sunday in the year after cutting ways with one of those salaries, is nothing short of miraculous. I think that top to bottom, we do have the best staff in football right now and it’s not really close. Next man up philosophy is a great one but not many teams can keep pumping in the talent to make it work for long. We are making it work.
Funny how NE always was next man up but when Brady left they were instantly bad.

Funny how NE always was next man up but when Brady left they were instantly bad.
Who said they were bad? I still think BB is the best coach in football. But I don’t think he will stick around long enough to get another trophy. I’d just rather have the younger coach at this point. So I will ask you the way I rephrased the question above, would you trade our entire staff for the Pats entire staff right now? Not ten years ago.

I disagree. We can’t win the big game despite having the edge in talent most of the time. Even when we won the Super Bowl Minnesota beat the pants off us in our own dome. If not for them shooting themselves in the foot time and time again we would have lost that game too. That’s all about coaching.
It’s all about context which you don’t take into account. Weird shi. Errr. Stuff happened to us 3 times at least in the playoffs or we would have been considered close to a dynasty. Can’t drop some of those on CSP. Believe me the mega narcissist in Dallas would open the vault for him

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom