Are the saints too loyal?? (1 Viewer)

sheltonwhodat

Very Banned
Reaction score
I love my saints, but the one thing I really hate about the team is our loyalty. You look at a team like the pats and you may say they are un loyal to their coaches and players. You have to be un loyal in order to be great in the NFL. Come on we would never get rid of a Wes welker type player, but they will. You can call it being un loyal, but it's doing what's best for the team. The saints are just to loyal in my opinion. We keep coaches who should have been fired years ago and players way pass their prime. Special team coach should have be fired the day after the gaints game, along with Hartley. Will smith and Ellis should have been traded or cut years ago when we all knew that they weren't producing anymore . Spags should be fired today but we all know it won't happen becuase we are too loyal. I hate to say it but I really think we will resign Ellis for cheap and just redo Harper and will smith contracts. It's just who we are as a team. We see it year after year in the offseason. You see a player that we all want cut or not brought back, end up right back on the team. I'm not saying be like the Pats,but come on the traded Richard seymour when everyone was like what??!! He's still a good player, but they knew what they were doing. They were getting value from him while they could and let him fade away on other team. Unlike our saints who keep their aging players and let them fade away on our team.

Hartley doesn't need to be let go

He can't be trust we all know that. He will hit 3 in a row then lose us games like at Green Bay. We won't cut him, because we're a very loyal team. We will just say but he kicked us too the Super Bowl. Yes he did but at what point do you move on form that and say mmmm what has he done lately.

He can't be trust we all know that. He will hit 3 in a roll then lose us games like at Green Bay. We won't cut him, because we're a very loyal team. We will just say but he kicked us too the Super Bowl. Yes he did but at what point do you move on form that and say mmmm what has he done lately.
What kind of roll? Hate to see some Poppy seeds go flying :smilielol:

I love my saints, but the one thing I really hate about the team is our loyalty. You look at a team like the pats and you may say they are un loyal to their coaches and players. You have to be un loyal in order to be great in the NFL. Come on we would never get rid of a Wes welker type player, but they will. You can call is un loyal, but it's doing what's best for the team. The saints are just to loyal in my opinion. We keep coaches who should been fired years ago and players way pass their prime. Special team coach should have be fired the day after the gaints game, along with Hartley. Will smith and Ellis should have been traded or cut years ago when we all knew that they weren't producing anymore . Spags should be fired today but we all know he won't happen becuase we are too loyal. I hate to say it but I really think we will resign Ellis for cheap and just redo Harper and will smith contracts. It's just we are all as a team. We see it year after year in the offseason. You see a player that we all want cut or not brought back, end up right back on the team. I'm not saying be like the Pats,but come on the traded Richard seymour when everyone was like what??!! He's still a good player, but they knew what they were doing. They were getting value from him while they could and let him fade away on other team. Unlike our saints who keep their aging players and let them fade away on our team.

I think that you just raised a heck of an argument! :plus-un2:

Completely agree but I doubt it will change.

Payton is a very loyal person, and he has a lot of love for the coaching staff sense a lot of them cam right after Katrina and endured some tough times. He will remain loyal. Belichick just dont give hoot.

Completely agree but I doubt it will change.

Payton is a very loyal person, and he has a lot of love for the coaching staff sense a lot of them cam right after Katrina and endured some tough times. He will remain loyal. Belichick just dont give hoot.

That's what I'm saying. The pats and belichick are like if you name isn't Tom Brady or if Brady doesn't think he needs you we won't keep of paid you. Why do you think nobody on their team is getting top dollars??

Don't under estimate Payton. He was the man who released Deuce. Just saying. I know Deuce had knee issues at the time, but regardless, he released him knowing what he meant to the City of New Orleans.

It isnt about loyalty. It is about manipulating the compensatory picks.

I COMPLETELY disagree with the idea of dismissing of Spags during this season. This is just crazy talk. I dont care what the stats say, we have players from an old scheme and we need to do some tweaking...i am not saying i wont feel differently next season. But for now, he deserves another shot.

The resigning of someone like Ellis is less about loyalty than it is bringing someone back at a cap friendly number that already knows the system. Apple to Apple...they arent going to re-sign someone like Ellis to block them from bringing in Haloti Ngata. More like X player on the Cardinals practice squad.

I dont know that we were too loyal about keeping Smith and Ellis this offseason. Yes, they were underperforming last year(both played big parts in the Super Season) but rather with issues going on and no GM, you cant exactly wipe the slate clean with an interim GM and no coach....and i do very much believe that Loomis take a LOT into what Coach Payton thinks into consideration.

As for my original point, the Pats are VERY good about trading players, like Seymour for future 1sts or letting a player like Welker walk, knowing that they will get a 3rd pick in place of him...something they wouldnt get if they released him or tried to trade him.

The Saints will not get any compensatory for any of the upcoming free agents...except maybe for Bushrod.

Finally, the Pats are also not big in the free agency market. They rarely make a splash, they build through the draft and trade draft picks to acquire players. It works for them, but it doesnt mean it would work for all 32 teams.

So pick your poison...go big in free agency or build with 2nd and 3rd rounders...cant do both.

I agree, we do need some turn over and youth brought into this team. It is time to part ways with the likes of Will Smith (unless he comes back very cheap and as a backup), Shanle, Herring, and Ellis. Also our Special teams coach, DL coach, Secondary coach, and Vitt (if retained needs to be promoted to something besides LB coach).

What really makes me mad about our defense is the lack of hustle. Under GW we had more hustle, players were flying around the field and running to gang tackle the guy with the ball. Too many time in Spags system one person would miss, then a few seconds later another would miss and so on. In a zone scheme like Spags runs, defenders should be looking forward finding the ball and getting to it fast. I don't know what went wrong this season but this did not happen very often.

Two things our defense really needs to work on is Tackling (wrapping up and bringing the ball carrier down, not hitting with the shoulder) and Agility and Endurance training (everyone getting to the ball carrier and bringing him down). I lost count how many times I saw Jenkins and Harper make a glancing blow to the ball carrier only to bounce off while the ball carrier kept going.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom