Are the Taysom Hill at QB plays becoming less effective? (1 Viewer)

Bring him in on 2nd and 6 and let him do a pedestrian hand off to Murray up the middle. Get film going on that.

Brilliant strategy! Also, bringing him in as a backfield blocker more frequently might free up the edges in the future since they're keying on him whenever he comes in.

The read option is becoming less effective. He’s no longer reading the end man on the LOS. He just keeps the ball.

I'm just glad that Payton is FINALLY letting Taysom pass the ball. It had gotten to the point where you knew with 100% certainty that it was going to be a run (that didn't make stopping it any easier, but still). I've been very anxious to see what he can do against starting defenses and we are starting to scratch the surface here. I don't think Payton wants to give away too much at this point in the season. It's possible he starts opening it up more and more here soon.

Yes because. Wait for it. SP is getting too predictable. 3 first downs. On a roll behind the GOAT. In comes TH A 10 yard loss and a field goal.

It's kinda like the which RB is in the backfield discussion. When defenses see AK the don't know if its run or pass, when they see LM they think run. We saw this with Ingram, where he had to catch more often to keep the D honest. Defenses see TH and they play the run and he's not at the point where he can change the protection like Drew or TB.

I'm just glad that Payton is FINALLY letting Taysom pass the ball. It had gotten to the point where you knew with 100% certainty that it was going to be a run (that didn't make stopping it any easier, but still). I've been very anxious to see what he can do against starting defenses and we are starting to scratch the surface here. I don't think Payton wants to give away too much at this point in the season. It's possible he starts opening it up more and more here soon.
? He's passed before and has a good arm but he needs more reps.

Coach Pete swears that SP is frequently using a number of Taysom' plays to throw off opponent coaches for what he has in store for critical games down the stretch and playoffs with Hill. Coach Pete touts that SP has a number of what he considers brilliant plays hidden when he needs a big play in critical games. Hope he is right.

The thing is that Hill isn't a secret anymore and teams know that they have to account for him when he's on the field or he'll gash them.

Sometimes his plays will work and sometimes they won't but teams have to play him like he's a weapon...……...because he is!!

He isn't done!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom