Are the Taysom Hill at QB plays becoming less effective? (1 Viewer)

I'd rather just play him at receiver a lot more. Maybe let him throw a trick play, like edelman or something, but he is best when he's running with the ball.

We need some devery Henderson bombs to take the lid off the top. If it ain't there, run.

Only my opinion here, nothing more -- we've arrived at the point where Taysom is most effective as a dedicated pass receiver or perhaps the runner on jet sweeps. I was seeing the RPO stuff being less effective as LAST season wore on. If the primary receiver isn't open, I'm betting on negative play every time out if he's the QB.

In the first series, which I know is largely scripted, Drew came out and Taysom came in. Tampa sent a corner blitz and blew up the play, sacking Hill for a big loss. Is this just a function of Tampa's familiarity with the Saints or are the gimmick plays at QB no longer as effective as they used to be? It feels like the latter to me, but I'm open to being persuaded otherwise.

I had the same thoughts after that play. However, I believe that was just a good call defensively, and that Taysom hasn’t had the time at QB to have pocket awareness and presence. With time I believe he would gain that trait and would thus avoid corner blitzes and pressure in general. (When able)

My opinion is that having TH play QB takes away from a bigger threat he could be if Brees stayed at QB and TH was an option for Brees.

1. TH around on a reverse
2. TH on a reverse and pulls up to pass
3. TH on reverse and brees fakes it and throws to Kamara on opposite side.
4. TH lined up a RB and runs
5. TH at RB rus the sweep
6 TH at RB, passes from sweep run
7 TH at RB runs wheel route
8 TH at RB, dumps of for middle screen

All these could be run with Kamara on the field and it just give the defense a lot more options to worry about for run pass and who is primary target. It really is a dizzying amount of options if TH did not line up at QB.

Anybody who still thinks Taysom is the heir apparent to Brees got a reality check on that pass play.

That was embarrassing. Deer in the headlights.

It was just one play. I was thinking it was called at the wrong time, even before it happened. It took the rhythm out of the drive. Personally I thought Taysom, as a quarterback himself, should of recognize it right away and should of start running.
This, in a nutshell, is why Teddy started 5 games when Drew went down.

I don’t think it’s becoming less effective. It’s just that his plays are so few and far between that when they don’t work, it sticks out more. He’s still a threat to take the edge and bulldoze anybody on the field or chunk a frozen rope 40-50 yards

Bring him in on 2nd and 6 and let him do a pedestrian hand off to Murray up the middle. Get film going on that.

I don't think any of us have seen enough of TH behind center to gauge his effectiveness running the offense. Give him a few weeks practicing with the 1's and a few games under his belt, he just might surprise us all. SP seems to think he has what it takes to run the ship.
I do love all the gadget plays, but he is a QB. Let's not poo-poo his skills before we've had an opportunity to see him run the offense for a whole game at least.

Every QB in the league has been sacked by a free rusher.....
Agreed, but it just was a stark reminder as to how difficult the position is and how far far off he is to being ready to be a starting QB this league.

I would like to see him converted to a hybrid TE/WR. I think Payton is missing the boat on this one.

Agreed, but it just was a stark reminder as to how difficult the position is and how far far off he is to being ready to be a starting QB this league.

I would like to see him converted to a hybrid TE/WR. I think Payton is missing the boat on this one.

I’d like to see him have a chance to play QB, the position he’s most passionate about, before giving up on it. 3 plays every week isn’t enough to assess his ability to read defenses. I really think he could be dangerous if given more opportunity

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom