Are there any overrated Saints? (1 Viewer)

i like Cam, but to often he seems always just 1 foot shorting of making the hit on the QB.

You are correct but I have also never seen a Defensive end get as much pressure as he does...without ever getting a holding call on him.

Some say Lattimore is one of the best in the league. He has some great games but I don’t think he’s one of the best yet. The potential is definitely there. I think he’s overrated right now, but I also think that will change in a season or two. It’s really hard to play DB in the NFL now

Darren Sharper. He was amazing for the first half of 2009, but was a liability down the stretch, including the postseason, and his struggles continued through 2010.

Yeah 2010, was a down year for Sharper, But he brought something Saints needed to the secondary. A Ballhawking Safety that could read defenses. He completly changed that back end of that defense. Saints started playing much better teams down the stretch. Warner, Farve, Manning. Journalist were quoted in articles telling he would tell the other players what the play was before it was snapped coming from the offense. He created a buzz in training camp.

Harper didnt help much either, he was mainly a LB playing Safety, Great in run support but couldnt cover.
It also helped having Greer and Porter.
But a seasoned washed up Safety coming down and arguably having the best year of his career in New Orleans.

Anyone remember the 2007,2008 Countless "can he play safety" threads?
Well D Sharper did play safety and played it very well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom