Are there any overrated Saints? (1 Viewer)

I know it’s not gonna be popular, but I would say Archie.
I know he’s a historic Saint, but if he was on the Saints now post Brees when the Saints are a known national brand, would he even survive?

Looking at this numbers and win/loss record I would agree. But put him with our current coach, GM, and owner...and I think Archie's numbers would look a WHOLE lot different.

Looking at this numbers and win/loss record I would agree. But put him with our current coach, GM, and owner...and I think Archie's numbers would look a WHOLE lot different.
Agreed. I was just saying that the franchise has a new higher standard.

PFF has Marcus William's graded like the best safety in the league. So him I guess
It makes sense... I feel Williams biggest issue isn't doing his job. He grades well at doing his kob and his deep field assignments. What he struggles to do is what a safety is supposed to do. Help other player in the instance of the play breaking down.

Williams would be elite if he had 4 Revis and he just does his assignment and cover his island. Sadly... That's not a viable situation. William simply isn't dependable to save the play.

Which is such a weird abbreviation for Williams.

Reggie Bush.

good person, good player, but Pierre Thomas was the better running back.
I don't agree that he was overrated. PT was a better traditional back but Reggie had those jaw dropping physical skills. The Chicago game in 06 that we lost, Reg was special.

The aforementioned Reggie and Graham are probably the top two in recent history.

I always thought Charles Grant was overrated. He had a couple of good seasons early on, then basically coasted for the rest of his career. After his first couple of years where he was very good, he morphed into a decent run stuffer and a very below-average pass rusher. There was always debate between whether he or Will Smith was better, which to me was always an absurd debate.

Drew Brees.......................…...................................April Fools

Overrated by whom? Us or the national media/history and or other fans? Asking legit Q as will impact my response.

I’d at least put these 10 guys above Lattimore for the time being

No order:

Gilmore
Sherman
Hayward
Tre White
Peters
Ramsey
Humphrey
Shaquill Griffin
Ward
Dunbar
Lattimore shadowed #1 WRs and had a lot of success. Not many games where anyone got the best of him. Even Gilmore, who's being compared to all time greats, got lit up by DeVante Parker. It happens to all of them. But to say Ramsey was better than Lattimore, to me, is ridiculous.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom