Are there any Post June-1 cuts still possible? (1 Viewer)

MLaw

Saints fan since '71....
Reaction score
All three of the guys (Thomas, Winston, Peat) that were being bandied about as potential Post June-1 cuts have all agreed to stay on the team with reduced salaries. I don’t know of anybody else that the Saints would use that designation on right now. Am I missing anyone?

Really happy that Thomas will get the opportunity to prove that he is once again healthy enough to play this game at a high level. I’m definitely hoping he stays healthy all year and develops some awesome chemistry with Carr

Also happy to have a guy like Jameis as our backup QB. Knows the system, and should be able to come in and play competitively if needed.

Same with Peat. While I’m hoping that we draft an immediate replacement, Peat, if healthy, would be a more than adequate backup to have around.

In my opinion the Saints handled the situation with these three players very well. Or at least I’m happy with the outcome.

I think it’s unlikely that anyone else is a June 1 cut candidate, no one that seems reasonable to release at this point has enough dead money to prevent us from just outright releasing them.

I agree that the Saints did well in securing new deals with all three players, we got the cap relief we needed and didn’t have to go out and find FA’s to fill those holes if we did use the June 1 cut option. Our cap hit from Thomas likely went up, but we would have had to carry his cap hit plus the cap hit of his replacement if we did cut him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom