Are there any veteran corners available? (1 Viewer)

It's laughable to think inserting a vet solves a problem so grab one without a job he will immediately solve the problem because he's a veteran in the league....solid logic....our corners are fine...teams are call plays to beat coverage...keep adjusting and we will be fine...we have the players

The coaches must be thinking this too ... that's why we are where we are ...

Shoulda kept Jamerson. The 2nd CB spot is a crisis level situation.

Along with Dennis Allen being told its the regular season, not preseason, and he can game plan opponents now.
I was hesitant to say this, but so be it ... Dennis Allen has to go. What else do we need to see, to know his defense doesn't work. The best thing we did last year was have the offense cover up for our defense by keeping the ball.

What other reason is there for our defense to be so bad for so long? We haven't brought in a DC and a proven defensive system since Greg Williams. That's saying something.

Can someone swallow their pride and hire someone that runs a defensive system that actually works in the NFL?

Seattle lost half their team on defense, and they can at least muster up a few stops with their system and coaching.

Come on.

Move along now, nothing to see here. Everything is fine. Dennis Allen is great defensive coordinator.?. Seriously though our CBs looked the exact same way the first two weeks of last season. They looked lost and out of position. It didn’t seem as thought skill set had anything to do with it. So maybe it is coaching,

Can talk to the bills about Vontae Davis to unretire. Lol. Atleast he had the decency to quit at halftime.

My thought on this is....Is there really a guy the Saints can sign off the streets to bring in and be the #2 Cornerback right off the bat? That player would have to come in and learn the defense. Part of the problem in the secondary now is lack of communication. How can that improve bringing a new guy in now that the season has started?

Gotta say I think Moore would be a prob fill in. Cover the slot till he's back

At this point Brandon Browner could play better than Crawly/PJ from his jail cell or wherever the heck he is

If we dont pick up Moore, it will be very interesting in how we approach this. Likely we could change our scheme around these injuries. Jokes at Keenan Lewis, but dude was always aces by me. He could really bolster our depth at this point.

Im still not convinced that it isn't our scheme though,

I was hesitant to say this, but so be it ... Dennis Allen has to go. What else do we need to see, to know his defense doesn't work. The best thing we did last year was have the offense cover up for our defense by keeping the ball.

What other reason is there for our defense to be so bad for so long? We haven't brought in a DC and a proven defensive system since Greg Williams. That's saying something.

Can someone swallow their pride and hire someone that runs a defensive system that actually works in the NFL?

Seattle lost half their team on defense, and they can at least muster up a few stops with their system and coaching.

Come on.

You make some decent points. GW schemed the Saints' way to a ring despite not having a stout front 7. The blitzes sometimes went terribly wrong, especially at the end, but it's all they could do. We have better players now, from top to bottom, on defense but now teams had an entire season to "watch the film" on last year's successes. Football is chess with human beings. And these days, it's chess with refs whose interpretation of PI changes every week. PJW had his hand around a receiver's waist, gets called. A Falcon DB puts his arm around Ben Watson's waist on the one incompletion Drew had in the final drive, and doesn't get called. Inconsistency anyone?

I think they are looking at another CB to bring in because of Robinson's injury. The report was a high ankle sprain. Depending on the severity, he could miss some time plus high ankle sprains can be problematic all year. This move would be depth more than a replacement for Crawley.

Crawley played pretty well last season so I'm not understanding the appearance of regression, hence I still think it is scheme more than just Crawley himself. PJ Williams and Crawly can share in some blame for the horrid play but I still think the Safety, Marcus Williams is also a big part of the problem. Maybe it is me and I could certainly be wrong, but it just looks to me that Williams is pressing too hard to atone for last play debacle in Minnesota. He is pressing too hard for that big play INT and watching the QB too much rather than focus on the primary goal, which is deep safety help for Crawley. The QB looks him off and gets him too far out of position and then it is too late, the CB is beaten and he can't get over there in time. This is a big part of the problem IMHO.

What happen to David Amerson. Tony Lippett was pretty good till injury. If he is healthy , worth a look. Also got Alterraun Verner, Quinten Rollins and Bashaud Breeland (may be injured). Sean Smith just got out of jail.

The Secondary as a whole needs help ... FS SS or cornerback ... A safety that can impact in a way the Darren Sharper did in 2009 will be as helpful as just looking for CB. Secondary Help!

And these days, it's chess with refs whose interpretation of PI changes every week. PJW had his hand around a receiver's waist, gets called. A Falcon DB puts his arm around Ben Watson's waist on the one incompletion Drew had in the final drive, and doesn't get called. Inconsistency anyone?

I said the same thing after it happened!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom