Are we as good as our record indicates? (1 Viewer)

HburgSaints

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Or is the NFC just that bad? I have been struggling with this thought for the past three weeks now. We lost to Baltimore and Cinci pretty convincingly. We hung with Pitt but couldnt close the deal. The AFC has a clear edge over NFC competition as they have for the past 5 years. Would our record be this good if we were an AFC team? Dont get me wrong, I love the fact we are 7-4. I just think AFC teams are better built to win a Super Bowl than NFC teams.

Considering we gave Cinci and Pittsburg early Christmas presents, I'd say we're better than our record.

I think we are good. A few bounces against Cincy and we win that game. Turnovers have killed us in our losses, stay away from those and we are even better.

Better. No tunovers, we win most of our games, including the playoffs.

I'd say we were better, but no. You are your record. That's the mantra smart coaches repeat.

Whats that supposed to mean? Are you trying to predict how well we do finish? Or how far we advance in the playoffs? If the latter, our defense is unfortunately still fairly suspect - so I'd have to say we aren't quite as good as Chicago, Seattle, and I hate to say this, but Dallas either, despite our powerhouse offense.

Or is the NFC just that bad? I have been struggling with this thought for the past three weeks now. We lost to Baltimore and Cinci pretty convincingly. We hung with Pitt but couldnt close the deal. The AFC has a clear edge over NFC competition as they have for the past 5 years. Would our record be this good if we were an AFC team? Dont get me wrong, I love the fact we are 7-4. I just think AFC teams are better built to win a Super Bowl than NFC teams.

I'm as a big a Saints fan as anybody but the AFC is clearly way better then the NFC, the NFC is very weak at the moment, and I don't think we would be 7-4 in the AFC. Outside of the Bears(even then you don't know which one will show up) no teams have really established themselves, I thought Seattle was the favorite but obviously injuries have killed them.....So far us in Dallas are at 7-4 but still pretty inconsistent, Hopefully we got hot going into thje playoffs because when we put it together and our offense gets going its going to be very hard to stop us.....Turnovers are our main problem IMO even in the Baltimore game, I think we could've beaten them had we not turned the ball over like crazy....We moved the ball on them with ease same thing with Pitt and Cincy, the only game we lost straight up was Carolina, and hey it happens......

I think we are about as good as our record suggests for an NFC team. The AFC is alot better right now overall. The best NFL team by record is the Bears 9-2, and they are 2-2 against AFC. Saints have 2nd best record and are 1-3 against AFC. Dallas is 3-1 against AFC, but 2 of those wins against Houston and Tennesse. They did beat Indianapolis, but I wouldn't expect that in a rematch. Seattle is 1-1. Giants are 1-3. Carolina is 2-1.

Carolina are Dallas only 2 NFC teams with winning records and over .500 against AFC. The are 6 AFC teams with winning records and over .500 against NFC.

I think we are UNDEFEATED (against Atlanta this season)

OH YEAHHHH

We are better. The Saints lost one game this season to an opponent...Carolina. The other 3 losses, the Saints lost to the Saints.

Or is the NFC just that bad?

We are a good NFC team, but clearly not at the level (yet) of top tier AFC teams. If we were in the AFC, I don't believe our record would be 7-4 right now... Probably more like 5-6.

The AFC clearly has the best 4 teams in the NFL right now, and probably 7 of the best 10.

Once we shore up our D in the draft and FA next year, I think we'll be a legitimate top tier team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom