Are we done in free agency? (1 Viewer)

SaintsBrah

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Ecstatic about Malcolm Jenkins, Sanders, and Brees obviously

Do you think we will make any more “big” moves like this? Or should we expect radio silence til the draft

Although we have not signed a lot of outside free agents, I believe retaining our own guys was key.

I think that signing Onyemata was huge and can be considered a major move.

Resigning Andrus Peat was also a major move but it appears that many people do not like the terms of his contract. Brees likes him. Sean Payton likes him. They both saw him as a must retain. So I’m happy with it. The truth is, when I was starting five was together and healthy we were pretty unstoppable. Why mess with continuity ?

And although it was a foregone conclusion, Brees was still the cream of the crop.

signing Jenkins and Emmanuel Sanders were key but I do not believe they were as important as keeping our own guys.

We must be done with the big moves. We have already exceeded expectations. Even Loomissing has its limits.

But no way are we done with the bargain-basement signings, which will be crucial for depth.

The only "big move" we could make now would be for a big-name but aging vet whom the market considers too old - perhaps Clay Matthews.

I think we are done making big splashes until draft time, but I’d bet the house that we still plan on signing a back up QB so Taysom can be used as a multi tool. He’s way more valuable to us in that role than QB2

I think we absolutely have to sign some depth at LB just in case we don’t end up getting one in the draft, or more likely if one goes down because of injury

I also think we will end up signing one more Low tier WR as depth, as well as drafting one with one of our first two picks in the draft

I think that the Saints will add a vet backup QB, but no need to do that until right before camp.

I also think that they might pick up a cheap LB option before the draft. That seems to be a bit of a need, and some depth there would be nice.

I would love LOve, LOVE... to see the Saints sign Breshad Perriman! At this point, he wouldn’t be a “BIG” signing, but for the Saints, adding him would be HUGE! He’s not going to be a BIG $ guy at this point, and he would be an excellent addition... moving ahead of everyone not named Michael Thomas or Emmanuel Sanders to be the “3rd” WR. He’s more of an outside WR as well, and that is still a need. My fingers are crossed.

I also believe that we could see the Saints add a vet CB for depth... a versatile player that can play both inside and outside... and maybe play a little Safety in a pinch. As much as people would complain, I’m really hoping PJ Williams is re-signed.
If not PJ, then guys like Jimmy Smith, Prince Amukamara, Ronald Darby, Brandon Carr, etc..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom