Saints Are we done now with the comments and threads?[merged] (1 Viewer)

Just combine everything into one big Brees thread then.

But what's going on deserves a thread in the SSF. This is Saints related.

And even though minuscule in the big picture, it will carry on to become on the field related when the team gets back together in August.

I was actually thinking the same thing. It's time to move on from this Brees event, and any political discussion on the SSF, period!

While I am in complete support in the plight against racial inequality and issues regarding such, this board is not the venue. Please take social issues to the EE, and politics to our madaboutpolitics.com site.. On this board... let's get back to football.
unnamed (2).jpg

Just combine everything into one big Brees thread then.

But what's going on deserves a thread in the SSF. This is Saints related.

And even though minuscule in the big picture, it will carry on to become on the field related when the team gets back together in August.

I think that you need to go back and read my posts within this thread more carefully.

I hate to say it...but I think the media will force Brees into retirement before the season..JMO
If the team can forgive him, what's the media going to do? Is anyone of consequence and impact calling for Brees' head at this point?

I think that you need to go back and read my posts within this thread more carefully.
I did. Thus my suggestion just make one gigantic Brees thread.

1000% OP. I love this site but mostly lurk, recently It has resembled a POL board with toxic division.

I would generally prefer to see the non-football threads in separate forums. Having non-political common ground is something that brings us together.

I've already seen political division ruin the forums of my favorite basketball team and tech news site, and you can already see the cracks emerging here when it comes to how many picks we traded to get Marcus Davenport...

(...2)

I did. Thus my suggestion just make one gigantic Brees thread.

Then perhaps I need to clarify. I do not intend to close all of the current ongoing threads related to the Brees statement at this time. Some will be closed sooner than later. For example, I already closed the "Cut Drew Brees" thread which had become all about attacking the OP, who was temporarily banned days ago. So there doesn't need to be one gigantic thread regarding Brees' statement, which would be confusing as hell if all of the current topics were merged into that one.

That being said, eventually, we may close them all. Both Brees' statement and apology have been made, and players have expressed their views. So we need to move on!

Why? Because we don't need to keep sensationalizing, dramatizing, and beating the issue of Brees' statement into the ground (over the next who knows how long) that we have no control over. A subject that is obviously divisive, hence a detriment to this community. Some members here are prone to making mountains out of molehills, blowing things out of proportion, creating more drama than necessary, and subsequently lacking the awareness to realize when their arguments have become tired and repetitive, and just don't know when to let it go.

The team will address any issues related to Brees' statement in-house, and I am confident that the team will handle the issues well. I firmly believe that there will NOT be any looming disaster coming out of this, which is an idea that some both here and out in the sensationalist media are promoting. I would say quite the opposite could be the case. The coaches and players will together work out any lingering issues, or differences, reasonable heads will prevail, and the focus will be on winning football games.

When does camp open? Moving on will be easier when the season starts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom