Are we for real? (1 Viewer)

Ask the same question in 3 weeks. I think we should know a lot more of this team then.

The 49ers are terrible and in disarray. We should beat them easily.

As far as the rest goes, we'll see. The defense seems to be improving, and if Breaux and Rankins come all the way back from injury, the defense could be above average.

Every game will be a shootout, though.

If we play a complete game and win by a comfortable two score margin, I think we are on the road to turn the season around and can finish in the 10-6 area.

If we struggle to come away with a win, I think this will be a struggle just to finish .500

For the first time in forever, talent isn't the issue for us. Just health and experience.

Need a few more pieces here and there of certain levels of athleticism and such, but I don't believe we're operating at such a deficit.

I'm trying to temper my expectations a bit with Sheldon Rankins...but that just isn't my personality. I feel like he's going to explode out the gates just like Joey Bosa has.

I am very happy with the way we played last game but in the same time we need to improve big time on defense.
I am excited with our WRs and Brees for sure playing great.
Fleener started to make plays which is encouraging comparing with the start of the season.
I hope the return of our injured players put us to the next level.
Go Saints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is by far the best job the coaching staff has done since 2009. Our defense looks scheme-normal for the first time in forever, even with the lack of pass rush and the emergency depth. The O-line, with a compromised Armstead is doing a good job after a dumpster-fire preseason. Lutz seems like a keeper at kicker, and it's been awhile since we had that.

The team plays hard and stays in the moment. I haven't seen this energy level in years.

Let's just keep winning. I call every week a must win for this young team. Maybe we snag a playoff spot in the relatively mediocre NFC.

I rewatched the game the other night and the biggest thing that I noticed the other night that has to happen going forward is the penalty margins. I don't think we had a penalty till late in the 2nd qtr, where Seattle had over 100 yards in penalties to finish the game. If we can figure out how to limit the penalties we will be able to compete with any of the other teams.

Unfortunately this looks like another one of those games where we beat ourselves this week. On the Road, a late game against a team we should beat. . . hopefully I am wrong though.

"Also, our running game is slightly above average"
"
We have 1 game with 100 yds, I think you have a typo. I should read "Also, our running game is below average

We have 3 games with over 100 yards rushing. We have 2 other games with over 80 yards rushing.

Are we for real? At least a couple of the writers at The Ringer, in their new "100 Percent Accurate Predictions for the NFL’s Second Half", seem to think so:

The Saints Will Win a Wild-Card Spot

Micah Peters: Here’s the thing: The current NFC picture looks sort of like that hopeless and parched Mad Max dystopian future, but instead of rusted-out, souped-up muscle cars roving an endless desert in search of water and “blood bags,” you’ve got like, rusted over “Priuses” and “Nissan Cubes” or whatever. Everyone’s still wearing football pads though, obviously. . . . As it sits now, every team in the NFC is either on pace for a playoff berth or a win away from being on pace. This is to say: The door is completely off its hinges and everything is possible at this point.

WHICH MEANS.

The Saints, who stumbled out to an 0–3 start but just beat the Seahawks this past Sunday — on the strength of their defense, no less — for their second win in three games, will sneak into the postseason with a 9–7 record. Considering the conference is a raging dumpster fire, this isn’t all that farfetched. It’s actually very plausible. In fact, it feels almost certain.

Not Just the Wild Card — the Saints Will Win the Division

Kevin Clark: Everyone knows that the Saints’ biggest flaw is that they stopped playing defense after the 2013 season. Here’s the twist: This year, everyone in their division did! In fact, the division hosts four of the eight worst defenses in points per game allowed in the NFL. The NFC South is like college football in that there can be high-scoring games every week. But it’s unlike college football in that Dirk Koetter is winning games.

What separates the Saints is that they have the highest-ceiling offense in the division and that fact alone will propel them to the 10 wins needed to grab the division. Even though the Falcons are now 5–3, they were 6–2 at this point last year and collapsed. Matt Ryan, who is having a career year but has a habit of peaking in September, will need a solid defense to help him avoid another rudderless November and December — and that’s a big ask of an awful Falcons defense. The 2–5 Carolina Panthers forgot how to play football at some point in the last eight months. And the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, let us never forget, squandered a real chance to compete this year when they drafted a kicker in the second round. Excuse me, they traded up to get a kicker in the second round. Oh wait, one more thing: The kicker is bad.

Drew Brees is leading the NFL in passing yards per game with 337.9 — he’s going to put up a ton of points and Sean Payton is still (we think, at least) a decent coach. The Saints would win the Super Bowl all the time if defense wasn’t a part of the equation. That’s not in the cards, but the next best thing is: Having a bad defense is no longer a handicap in the NFC South. When that’s happening, it’s a good year to be the Saints.

Our 100 Percent Accurate Predictions for the NFL’s Second Half (warning: there's a tiny bit of profanity in this article)

Personally I'd like to see us win a game or two without needing last second heroics before I start talking about the playoffs. And another contributor to the same article is picking the Falcons to win the NFC. Still, it's always nice to get a little love.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom