Are we for real? (1 Viewer)

I still contend that we are a young team that isn't ready for prime time just yet. I think we are dealing with to many injuries, and are a year out from being major players in the league. We will finish 8-8 or 9-7, and that is fine by me. It will be next year when we will be older, healthier, and go on to finish 11-5 or 12-4 and do some real damage in the league.

This. Until proven otherwise, 7-9 is a good year for this team. I think next year will be a much better year.

This. Until proven otherwise, 7-9 is a good year for this team. I think next year will be a much better year.

There has been way too much turnover in this team for instant results. We're learning to play together, and things may happen faster than you think. I'm thinking 9-10 wins is possible if everyone stays healthy.

There are certain points in all of the last few seasons that gave us reason for this kind of optimism. Notably we beat the Packers real good one Sunday night and everybody was like "The Saints are back!" then they fell apart down the stretch.

Being an optimistic person myself, I'm not saying you shouldn't have it. Just saying let's not get crazy.

I will say, if we get back to 4-4 with Breaux and Rankins coming back soon, and the offense being on fire the way it has, the schedule looks favorable to make a run at a wildcard spot. Or at least a winning record. 9-7 and no playoff spot would still be a good outcome for this team IMO.

This Team is well coached but not running at full strenght, having been running at full strenght for the past couples year as it seems we have been doing patch work on both sides of the ball just to fill a squad on gameday, but again I think what we are seeing is the product of great coaching by Coach Payton (Offense always top 5) and a sound scheme and attention to detail that Payton wanted for his defense by Dennis Allen who for the most part has put a sound scheme on the field that guys coming off the streets (though still talented ie: Moore and Webb) can come in and execute.

We are foreal but we arent contenders, not until we can field the same team on opening that ends the year together (for the most part because injuries do happen).

Sorry, Ms Jackson...

but seriously, but I get more of a '06 punching above our weight vibe than a '09/'11 wrecking crew vibe

I hear ya, but Drew and Payton have been there. They know what it took to get from 06 to 09, so we may be able to skip most of the 06 thing.

Maybe I'm too optimistic, I usually am.

I don't know, they might be made of chocolate? :shrug:
:hihi:

Seriously, this is the first year when I can say as a fan, I am taking a game-by-game approach. I think we have a very good offense, and a young, injured, but improving defense. At this point, do I feel that we can rip off 9 straight? No, but I think we have a good shot at beating Tampa twice, SF, and Detroit. We really have a tough schedule all the way through. Regardless it's fun and exciting to watch this team week to week, and I think we're being set up for an excellent 2017.

This is the best 1 game win streak we have been on in a long time (at least from an SR PoV)..Lets make it 2.

We are a figment of our own imagination.............so no..................we are not for real.......:rolleyes:

If we get healthy I think we can hang with anyone... we just need to improve consistency.

Our playoffs will go through Atlanta.

This is what I see.

49ers Win
Broncos at Home Win (their Rookie QB will make mistakes in the dome) 5-4
Panthers loss, we split short week.. just beat the Defending Champions
Rams Win
Lions Win
Buccaneers Loss
Cardinals Loss
Buccaneers Win
Falcons Win

9-7

At this point the youth and the injuries have contributed to the losses we have sustained. I do not believe we are there yet, but still need another solid offseason singing one or two up and coming FA's (not some 30+ year old on downside players) AND another solid draft, particularly on defense and the interior OL.
I wish it were otherwise but we dug such a deep hole once again it will be hard to make the run we need as we do not have any margin for error. We need to win the ones we should win and then take two or three more in an underdog role and I am not sure we can do that this year!

This is the NFL you can not expect to blow any team out on any given Sunday.

I know a win is a win but I will feel better once we beat a team up and down the field mercilessly for all four quarters like we did to the Cowboys in 2013. I think the last time we beat a team by more than two touchdowns was the Bears in 2014 after they had pretty much thrown in the towel for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom