Are we forcing Reggie (1 Viewer)

brungart

nittany saint
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that I am a huge Bush fan. I just feel like Peyton is running Reggie too much. McCallister looks good when he runs. Why give Reggie the ball so much on running plays. Deuce usually gets 2-3 more yards a carry than Bush. I am not saying we should not run Bush I just feel that Deuce should get the majority of carries especially in between the tackles.

I also loved when they showed Deuce rallying the offense on the sidelines.

I think that Deuce was not used enough in this game as well. I love Reggie just like everyone else, but Deuce was a first round pick too. If Deuce gets the ball 20 times, the Saints win

I think so. Look at Duece. He basically say his whole first year when we had Williams. Bush should be used strategically for the remainder of this season.

No. For the same reason as has been stated on here several times before on here. If he's not being used, people aren't going to key in on him and our deminsions start to shrink.

Man, i dont get it either. Deuce is obviously the best running back on the team right now. I just dont get why he is on the sideline so much.

Bush will be fine. He did make a critical mistake, but also got that monkey of his back with his first offensive TD. Payton is using him brilliantly, he is just a rookie. I do agree that Duece needs more touches though....

I thought Bush ran really well today, made good inside runs but I think he was a little nervous on some of those runs cause he had a couple cut backs he could of made and once he got threw the front four he looked like he was watching out for a big hit...but that was only on a couple plays, he ran hard and well and looks like he can carry the load if needed......just gotta correct those fumble problems, job well done reggie.

I love Payton and what this team has done. I also think this was one of Reggie's better running gsmes. But, Deuce not getting 30 carries at least is poor management of his talent...

Deuce simply may not be physically capable of 25-30 carries a game at this point. On the plus side, imagine how fresh our backs will be come playoffs.

Bush ran for 5 yards a carry today and ran in between the tackles. Deuce ran well too. I had no problem with the way both backs were used today.

Get over the fascination of 25-35 touches a game with Deuce. Payton likes to get everyone involved. Plus, using Deuce the way we are is extending his career....

Deuce simply may not be physically capable of 25-30 carries a game at this point. =

That's what the runningbacks coach said on WWL a week or so ago. He said Duece could not hold up to that many carries yet.

I've never thought Bush was going to be the next "Gale Sayers." I'm just hoping for Brian Westbrook. He just isn't going to dominate like in the PAC-2.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom